Help me with the quality of my additional (1 Viewer)

barbernator

HSC
I decided to be creative and use a different form of additional to everyone else as my primary additional for belonging. I've already written my essay on it and I'm just wondering what you think.
like I have tried to integrate the tension between aboriginal society and europeans through talking about how the aboriginal flag shows belonging.powerful, dont you think? :D

Lucas_

HSC
Yeah I think that's really good, I've heard markers mark on originality above most other things (it's one of the criteria they mark against)

Some good techniques if you haven't already incorporated them:

- The juxtaposition of the red and black strips clearly elucidates the cultural tension between black culture (the black strip) and the red strip which symbolises modern day evils.
- The yellow sun is a strong motif for belonging. By being nestled in the middle of the tension, it shows that there is a mid-point of balance at which point a strong sense of identity can exist.
- The rectangular shape of the flag (ratio 3:2) highly resonates with the contemporary aboriginal belief of identity through conformity.

If you need any more PM me! Good luck, i'm sure you'll smash it

deswa1

HSC
Don't want to write your whole essay for you but I would extend the colour symbolism further- for example the red is representative of the blood that the Europeans took from the Aborignals etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)