help on world cities (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Hi, does anyone have notes for the syllabus dot point

"The relationships of dominance and dependence between world cities and other urban cities and the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town",

(thats like the friggen longest dot point i've ever seen) that they didn't get from the textbook, "A Geography of Global Interactions 2" ??? Especially the first half of the point, as I don't have many notes on it. Willing to swap for any other notes u need. THanks

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
basicly you have to talk about :
-three dominant world cities
- person to person information
- global system of world cities
- world cities and other cities

for changing role:
- role of metropolitan centres
- regional centres
- Dubbo as reginal city ( if you studied)
- and demise of small towns.
its all what you have to know.
i dont expect this question to be in this year hsc.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
ok good stuff, thanks! I have almost a page of notes for this point, do you think that's enough?

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
No i dont think so or unless you can give examples to support your every point. Today i wrote 6 pages on " dominance and dependence and demise of small towns" and 4 pages on "spacial patterns and nature"

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
No i dont think so or unless you can give examples to support your every point. Today i wrote 6 pages on " dominance and dependence and demise of small towns" and 4 pages on "spacial patterns and nature"
Holy crap, umm where did u get all your notes from? I seriously don't have enough notes to write that much on those topics

symo

HSC
Originally posted by yenta

changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town",

("A Geography of Global Interactions 2" . THanks
yeah thats the text i have...ive got a page on regional centres/ small towns... so max 1/2 page decent notes....
4-6 pages wot the hell did u write??? can u put your notes up here on regional/small towns caus i think every1 but u is in the same boat with like 6 points..cheers

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Re: Re: help on world cities

Originally posted by symo
yeah thats the text i have...ive got a page on regional centres/ small towns... so max 1/2 page decent notes....
4-6 pages wot the hell did u write??? can u put your notes up here on regional/small towns caus i think every1 but u is in the same boat with like 6 points..cheers
Lol reckon... yeah that text is the only notes I have for that point, cos our geog teacher didnt give us anything else, and the Excel Study Guide is near useless for both world cities and mega cities (no good notes!)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
excel hsc geography is the shittest book, author is lost i have the book but i dont even read it. "Global interactions 2" is not bad but there is a lot of unnessesary things which you dont have to know. i use maquarie hsc geograly ( its a green cover book) its truly the best. It tells you exactly that you have to know.

My essay on "dominance and dependence "i wrote in BOS paper with thick line the one which we will use in hsc that is why i got 6 pages. i have no idea how to post my essay and its written.
this is brief summary of my essay:

page1: intro, definition of world city,sub topic"dominance and dependence" - N.Y london and tokio 3 dominant cities, cause they centres of finance........, talk about expancion of global fininancial industry how it increased siginificance of w/cities, person to person excange of information
page2:it was thought if info is available that w/cities will be less significant, the reverse has been the case., north american core,western european core and western pacific.describe which countries in each core and political and economical dependence b/w these counties.
page3: sub topic w/cities and other cities: e.g NY is w/city but depends on Washington. sub topic "changing role of reg centres, metropolitan areas of sydney, there is all decisions made, then i have a graph of heirarhy of cities: sydney--dubbo----naromine, willington,
page 4: location of Dubbo, how it transformed itss advantages into economic growth, % of population working in finance, abattoir, retail
page 5: sb topic dimise of small towns: development of transport and communications, ownership of cars decrease number of small towns e.g dubbo and small towns near it,
page 6: as banks and hospitals close it leads to demise of town.
graph showing the population of dubbo and other cities in 1991 and 1996 and conclusion.

Last edited:

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
ok kool, thanks piccaninny. I want to get the macquarie book now but I guess it's too late. Do you have any typed notes from that book that you'd be willing to give me?

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i have heaps of written notes but not typed dont know how to post them. i reckon it actually too late to write notes all i do is essay writing.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
yeah guess so, oh well dun matter, I better start practising some essay writing even though I haven't even finished all my notes yet, ah well I'm screwed

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i dont have any notes on urban dynamics and management of ecosystems i just have to write responces using text book. do that and you will be fine

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Ok will do, though I dunno how much I'll remember that way, oh well thanks for your help piccaninny, good luck in the HSC

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
you can argue about it in some books there 3 cities in other books 4. you wont be marked down if you say 3 cities or 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)