Help: Pairgain & broadband (1 Viewer)

| n i s s y |

HSC
HELPP!!! I soo desperately want broadband...sooo badly...! but when i tried gettin it all the servers ssed i hav PAIRGAIN wif my fone lines or sumfin.....n so i cant get it........does n e one else have 'pairgain' and have broadband?.....does n e one noe n e servers that gib broadband to ppl wif pairgain...or am i stuck wif noo broadband for life??NOO! does n eone even noe wat im tokin bout>?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Pair gainning is a way to split one phone line into multiple lines. This saves the carriers money since they can use the one wire for multiple homes. The problem is that its not compatible with ADSL broadband, since ADSL uses phone lines.

You could consider other broadband options, like cable. If cable is not avaliable in your street, and your line is pair gained, you might have trouble getting broadband.

| n i s s y |

HSC
aint cable and broadband the same? wats the diff? soo if i cant get cable...IM NEVA EVA gonna get broadband? :-(

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
i dont think u can get broadband ...my frnd has pairgain and she couldnt get broadband cuz she has it. u cant go grr at telstra cuz they'll just tell u that the pairgain fone line is adeqaute for fone use blabalabla...

but yea... pairgain = evil
but umm yeah basically no broadband for u unless u live somewhere else...
if it means so much to u get telstra cable for 59.95.. its not as bad as ppl think... its faster and cheaper than broadband hehe..

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
broadband is adsl and all that.. cable is diff...
adsl n stuff use fone lines.. cable uses somefink else.. cable is faster too.. and like cheaper in some cases...

Collin

HSC
N/A
Cable is alot faster. With Optus Cable, you can download up to 900Kb/s, depending on current bandwidth.

With adsl, you usually average at 50Kb max.

sunny

meh.
HSC
"Broadband" is a term that is used to describe anything that is not a dial up modem. This includes cable, ADSL, ISDN, etc etc. When advertisers say broadband, they could be talking about ADSL or cable.

Conventional dial up is referred to narrowband.

HSC
N/A
I thought adsl & cable both came under the term broadband?? as in broadband cable...broadband adsl??

anyways maybe u can try cable cause cable doesn't use phone lines??

[edit] damn....i'm too slow with my advice lol

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by boredofschool
I thought adsl & cable both came under the term broadband?? as in broadband cable...broadband adsl??
Originally posted by sunny
"Broadband" is a term that is used to describe anything that is not a dial up modem. This includes cable, ADSL, ISDN, etc etc. When advertisers say broadband, they could be talking about ADSL or cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)