help...personal growth+imaginative+stimulus (1 Viewer)

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
Can anyone please help me choose a stimulus text to go with the topic "Journeys lead to Personal Growth"? especially in relation to imaginative journeys and the Coleridge poem "This Lime Tree Bower My Prison". And if anyone has any ideas for a related text please tell me (I know there is a really good list but i have no idea which one to choose)!!! We have to do a group presentation and i'm the one letting my group down.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I'd say the ivory trail and big fish for your related.

The former allows you to challenge the topic question whereas you use the latter to support it (provides some nice contrast and discussion).

kloudsurfer

HSC
sammi260 said:
Can anyone please help me choose a stimulus text to go with the topic "Journeys lead to Personal Growth"? especially in relation to imaginative journeys and the Coleridge poem "This Lime Tree Bower My Prison". And if anyone has any ideas for a related text please tell me (I know there is a really good list but i have no idea which one to choose)!!! We have to do a group presentation and i'm the one letting my group down.
And here I was thinking my thesis was orignial.

Anyway, Im using The town where time stood still. Its not used very much, but i think it is perfect for the idea of 'the journey leads to spiritual growth'.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Her topic was 'journeys lead to personal growth' not spiritual.

Also i don't think that's her thesis its the topic she was given.

kloudsurfer

HSC
bobness said:
Her topic was 'journeys lead to personal growth' not spiritual.

Also i don't think that's her thesis its the topic she was given.
Isnt spiritual growth a kind of personal growth?

Anyway, Im doing the Tempest so im probably not much help.

G

granger88

sammi260 said:
You can choose the film, Spirited Away as your related text. I used this text and mentioned how the protagonist, Chihiro, undertakes an imaginative journey which leads to personal growth. I dont know how well this text would go with the Coleridge poems, cause i did the Tempest.

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
My thesis is about gaining knowledge and being enlightened which then leads to personal growth. Thanks for your suggestions but I can't do Big Fish because someone else in my group is doing it. I don't understand what I can write for the Ivory Trail. How do I relate The Town Where Time Stands Still to Imaginative Journeys? Im kinda screwed. lol.

I was going to do journey to the interior and say that even if the author doesn't really personally grow, the reader who does through being able to better understand what a persons mind is like as they are given a description of the author's mind. Through obtaining this knowledge they grow. Or is that really stretching it? I think I just pulled that out of thin air but yeh...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)