Help- Physical Journeys Speech (1 Viewer)

Daffodil87

HSC
My friend needs hep cutting down her physical journeys speech. it is a 3-4min speech on how three texts have broadened her understanding about the concepts of journeys. At the moment it is about 7min.

lil princess

HSC
not sure if your friend has already done this speech or not...and right now i don't have the time to read thru it all, but at a glance...straight away the first sentence is not needed - it is merely repeated in the second.

And the poets name is SKRZYNECKI - I don't know if this will help but our teacher taught us to remember it by;

Some
K ids
R eceived
Zero
Yesterday

N
E
C
K
I

Its also a little hard to cut down a speech for someone else since everyone speaks at a different pace - i suggest your friend...or anyone... finds a document - typed up - of a few pages long. Read through it and then do it again, the second time timing your self - when your at 3 1/2 mins. stop and mark it on the page. Then you know roughly how long your speech should be.

Keep in mind, the you will vary your speed when presenting your speech in front of your teacher and peers.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
lil princess said:
not sure if your friend has already done this speech or not...and right now i don't have the time to read thru it all, but at a glance...straight away the first sentence is not needed - it is merely repeated in the second.

And the poets name is SKRZYNECKI - I don't know if this will help but our teacher taught us to remember it by;

Some
K ids
R eceived
Zero
Yesterday

N
E
C
K
I

Its also a little hard to cut down a speech for someone else since everyone speaks at a different pace - i suggest your friend...or anyone... finds a document - typed up - of a few pages long. Read through it and then do it again, the second time timing your self - when your at 3 1/2 mins. stop and mark it on the page. Then you know roughly how long your speech should be.

Keep in mind, the you will vary your speed when presenting your speech in front of your teacher and peers.
thats a good way of remembering it...
s-k-r-z-y-n-e-c-k-i :)
nah in my speech i got 8/15 because i tried 2 cut it down and hence didnt have enough-they reckoned
so that was pretty crap :(

lil princess

HSC
that does suck...sometimes i think you have to consider both sides of it...i mean i know with our assessments, we only lost Max 2 marks, normally 1mk for going over the set time limit. In these cases i wouldn't worry bout my time limit and just put in everything i thought i needed to completely cover the question...yeh it may sound stupid but it worked for me.

I'm the kinda person who had to do a three minute speech and ended up after my third draft still having ten minutes worth of notes - all of which i considered quite important to thoroughly cover the question. I may have lost one or two marks for the extra six or seven minutes but i gained an extra five or six because in that extra time i answered to question better than anyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)