Help Physics Practical Dotpoints Please (1 Viewer)

StaceyK293920

HSC
I desperately need help with the following physics dotpoints I wrote out myself. Tiny mini summaries for each practical will do:

1. Perform a first hand investigation to observe and gather information about the transmission of waves in springs and ropes
[FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold'] [/FONT]
2. Perform a first hand investigation to gather information about the frequency and amplitude of waves using an oscilloscope

3. Plan, choose equipment or resources for and perform a first hand investigation and father information to model the inverse square law for light intensity and distance from the source

4. Perform a firsthand investigation, gather, process and present information using a CRO or computer to demonstrate the principle of superposition for two waves travelling in the same medium

The Law of Superposition states: If two or more waves of the same type pass through the same medium at the same time, the displacement at any point is the sum of its individual displacement

The superposition of two waves can result in a complex wave.

5. Perform an investigation and gather information to graph the angle of incidence and refraction for light encountering a medium change showing the relationship between these angles.

Relationship: Sin I/Sin R = Vr/ Vi

Perform a first hand investigation and gather information to calculate the refractive index of Perspex

6. Perform first hand investigations and gather information to observe the path of light rays and construct diagrams indicating both the direction of travel of the light rays and a wave front.

Present information using ray diagrams to show the path of waves reflected from:

- [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']Plane surfaces[/FONT]
- [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']Convex surfaces[/FONT]
- [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']Convex surfaces[/FONT]
- [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']The ionosphere[/FONT]
7. [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']Identify data sources, gather, process and present information from secondary sources to identify areas of current research and use the available evidence to discuss some of the underlying physical principles used in one application of physics in relation to waves, such as:[/FONT]
- [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']Global Positioning System[/FONT]
- [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']CD Technology[/FONT]
- [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']The Internet (Digital Process)[/FONT]
- [FONT='TimesNewRoman,Bold']DVD Technology[/FONT]

I need to revise upon these, exams are coming up. Answer as many as u can.

Thanks so much!

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
StaceyK293920 said:
I desperately need help with the following physics dotpoints I wrote out myself. Tiny mini summaries for each practical will do:

1. Perform a first hand investigation to observe and gather information about the transmission of waves in springs and ropes

2. Perform a first hand investigation to gather information about the frequency and amplitude of waves using an oscilloscope

3. Plan, choose equipment or resources for and perform a first hand investigation and father information to model the inverse square law for light intensity and distance from the source

4. Perform a firsthand investigation, gather, process and present information using a CRO or computer to demonstrate the principle of superposition for two waves travelling in the same medium

The Law of Superposition states: If two or more waves of the same type pass through the same medium at the same time, the displacement at any point is the sum of its individual displacement

The superposition of two waves can result in a complex wave.

5. Perform an investigation and gather information to graph the angle of incidence and refraction for light encountering a medium change showing the relationship between these angles.

Relationship: Sin I/Sin R = Vr/ Vi

Perform a first hand investigation and gather information to calculate the refractive index of Perspex

6. Perform first hand investigations and gather information to observe the path of light rays and construct diagrams indicating both the direction of travel of the light rays and a wave front.

Present information using ray diagrams to show the path of waves reflected from:

- [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Plane surfaces[/FONT]
- [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Convex surfaces[/FONT]
- [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Convex surfaces[/FONT]
- [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]The ionosphere[/FONT]

7. [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Identify data sources, gather, process and present information from secondary sources to identify areas of current research and use the available evidence to discuss some of the underlying physical principles used in one application of physics in relation to waves, such as:[/FONT]

- [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Global Positioning System[/FONT]
- [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]CD Technology[/FONT]
- [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]The Internet (Digital Process)[/FONT]
- [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]DVD Technology[/FONT]

I need to revise upon these, exams are coming up. Answer as many as u can.

Thanks so much!
Just write your own?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Wow so many dotpoints. I'd be surprised if someone actually answered all of them..:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)