Help please!! (1 Viewer)

futuregirl

HSC
Okay so I received an offer for Primary Education which I am intending to accept when I visit the uni to enrol and choose my units etc. However, I just have a question: what is the point of 'junior (level 1000) units of study'?? I'm really confused right now lol

Oh and also, on that day where we go to uni and enrol, do we only pick our units for Year 1 only??

Could someone please help me? Congratulations on your offer and thanks in advance ^.^

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
So for units/subjects there are junior levels typically studied in the first year and then intermediate/senior units (2*** and 3***) from second year onwards. Junior level units (1***) provide background knowledge for senior units typically. And yes on the day of your enrolment you'll be picking out units for 1st year's semester one and two... there is a handbook with a study plan for you to follow. Just be sure to read the requirement for award, major and units carefully. Intermediate and senior units have prerequisites so you'll have to study certain units according to the requirements. For second year onwards your units are enrolled online... and you can also change your first year units online after enrolment as well so don't fret.

Congratulations on your offer by the way! :D

Hatake88

HSC
'Junior units' are the starter units for your degree in that they don't require prerequisites and are the building blocks for progressively harder units.

In your first year, you will only take junior units. It will be 4 units in the first semester and 4 in the second semester unless you opt otherwise (some people find 4 to be too stressful etc.).

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I would like to point out that you don't HAVE to only do 1XXX units in first year. You are able to do higher level units if you meet the pre-requisites but most students like to complete them all in the earlier years because it gives you greater flexibility when choosing other units of study in your later years.

futuregirl

HSC
Thank you all for your responses!! Really appreciate them :D
I just have another question: when I'm looking at junior units, beside it it will say "N blah blah blah" (N stands for 'prohibition'). Does that mean I can't do that junior unit?? For example it says "N: HSC Chinese Beginners........." although I haven't studied that subject for my HSC.

Also, as passionxmusic stated, I will be allowed to change my first year units online after enrolment...can I do that if I change my mind for e.g. when I arrive home right after enroling on that day?

Thank you very much!! And sorry if I sound demanding, I'm just really nervous because I'm still considering my junior units and I need to go enrol in 2 days!! Thank you!!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you all for your responses!! Really appreciate them :D
I just have another question: when I'm looking at junior units, beside it it will say "N blah blah blah" (N stands for 'prohibition'). Does that mean I can't do that junior unit?? For example it says "N: HSC Chinese Beginners........." although I haven't studied that subject for my HSC.

Also, as passionxmusic stated, I will be allowed to change my first year units online after enrolment...can I do that if I change my mind for e.g. when I arrive home right after enroling on that day?

Thank you very much!! And sorry if I sound demanding, I'm just really nervous because I'm still considering my junior units and I need to go enrol in 2 days!! Thank you!!
With the example you gave, it's stating that if you did HSC Chinese Beginners, you are not allowed to take that unit. Your interpretation is correct.

Once you enrol, you can access MyAdmin with your unikey so you can change things immediately.

cheetos1230

HSC
Okay so I received an offer for Primary Education which I am intending to accept when I visit the uni to enrol and choose my units etc. However, I just have a question: what is the point of 'junior (level 1000) units of study'?? I'm really confused right now lol

Oh and also, on that day where we go to uni and enrol, do we only pick our units for Year 1 only??

Could someone please help me? Congratulations on your offer and thanks in advance ^.^

Hi,
I'm also studying Primary Education this year. Do you know which units of study you're going to choose tomorrow (I'm still haven't decided :S)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)