Help PLEASE (1 Viewer)

miss-teek

I am so confused about this Arab - Israeli topic. We didn't do many notes on it: we just read from a textbook. Could someone please help me? Does any one have any notes I could use on the Key Features? Please help me!

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
Yeah i have some notes - all we did in class on Arab-Israeli was to read a book, watch a video and make notes so ill attach some notes on

Most of these notes are on the Key Features right up to the
1967 War since that where we have got up to

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
No peace with Israel, no recongition of Israel, no negotiations with Israel and insistence on the rights of the Palestinian People in their own country

i think im alright with Arab-Israeli it is pretty interesting but no-one seems to be doing it

neon_sing

neon87
HSC
N/A
miss teek watcha studying at the moment?

ima having trouble doing a palestinian refugee essay atm =/

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
hey miss-teek can u help me with a question for arab-israeli?

I need to know how the internal divisions and conflicts in israel and the arab states have impacted on arab-israeli relations since 1979

response to query of launcher69

these are spcific e.g's of internal division.. how they impact on a-i relations is 4 u 2 determine.
here goes..

Internal division in Israel
- occured in 1982 Lebanon war
> 25th September: 350,000 israelis took to the streets in protest of the christian militia's massacre of the 700 refugees slaughtered in the Sabra-Chatila refugee camps. (according to rutland/piggot textbook)
- Israel had held elections in december of 1973 & was undergoing a political reppraisal following the findings of an offical report on the war. (Yom Kuppur War)

Internal division in Lebanon
- 1982 war (again)
> Christian vs Muslims in Civil war
- refugees influx in lebanon upset the delicate balance of power held by christians & Muslims
- muslims supported PLO efforts in the country (Arab nationalism, pliht of fellow muslim refugees) whilst the Chritians condemned PLO activity.
PLO main factor behind the divisions within lebanon.

thats al from the top of my head. hope it helps!

quincymcgee

That was similar to our exam question. How have the internal divisions and conflicts in Israel and the Arab states impacted on the Arab-Israeli conflict before 1973?

It was modified.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)