help please (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
hello. id really appretiate it if someone could give me a website that has details on different fabrics and what they are suitable for. im not a textiles student, but i need it for costume design in drama, so could you make it a site that easy to understand? i jsut need to know about different fabrics and what you can make with them.
thankyou in advance!

melly_0

HSC
Sorry I don't know of any websites that go into much detail, but if you look at an online fabric shop they will have the fabrics divided up into sections such as 'evening' - thus they are used for formal dresses and fancy clothes.

Do you have to design something? Because it would be easier to find out fabrics for a garment rather than garments for fabric..

Natural fibres absorb sweat better which you might want to keep in mind if this is being designed for a stage production/costume theory.

Anyway I hope this helps!

You could also check out the textile notes section and look at the notes about fibre properties.

Kulazzi

HSC
if you have textiles offered at your school, the staff may have some textbooks on it. They should because you know, you need to know info from reliable resources, so ask the TAS staffroom. If not, go to charles sturt uni website and click on textiles and design - it may have some stuff there:

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/

edit: you can also check out the BOS resource section under textiles - there are a few notes there

Here's a link via CSU website fabrics

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)