HELP PLZ!monohybrid crosses, codominance, sex linkage (1 Viewer)

atinaa:-)89

HSC
hey everyone

I have a few sample questions from my prac book that I am unclear about and am not sure how it works..If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

1. Albinism is due to a recessive gene. A man and a woman plan to have a child and wish to know the probability of having albino children. Using the symbols A(normal pigment) and a (albino), explain the probability of children if:
i) the man and woman are normally pigmented but each of them has one albino parent
ii)the man is albino and the woman is normally pigmented but her father is albino
iii) the man is albino and the woman is normally pigmented with no family history of albinism.

2. For a sex linked recessive allele on the X chromosome, what are the expected phenotypic and genotypic ratios in the F1 in a cross between an afflicted maled and a homozogyous normal female?

Thanks heaps for any help people :)

Roboooo

HSC
first question draw a punnet sqaure. this is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalwaaaaaaaaaaays in the tests. see text book laxy :)

finishline

HSC
atinaa:-)89 said:
hey everyone

I have a few sample questions from my prac book that I am unclear about and am not sure how it works..If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

1. Albinism is due to a recessive gene. A man and a woman plan to have a child and wish to know the probability of having albino children. Using the symbols A(normal pigment) and a (albino), explain the probability of children if:
i) the man and woman are normally pigmented but each of them has one albino parent
ii)the man is albino and the woman is normally pigmented but her father is albino
iii) the man is albino and the woman is normally pigmented with no family history of albinism.

2. For a sex linked recessive allele on the X chromosome, what are the expected phenotypic and genotypic ratios in the F1 in a cross between an afflicted maled and a homozogyous normal female?

Thanks heaps for any help people

heya, i was studying for my bio exam and i did your question and checked my answers with k02033's answer and theyre both the same. so yeh their answers right. if ur confused just draw up punnet squares but more importantly use a key/ legend! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)