Help! Related Material for Frontline (1 Viewer)

Jezabel2411

HSC
I'm now studying Frontline and am having trouble finding related material to go with it. My trial exam is next Thursday and I really need some help in finding some. Everything I find, I don't know how to relate it back to "telling the truth". And all I can find is things on war which I’m not interested in. Last year we studied "Oh, What A Lovely War" and "Animal Farm". But I can't relate that to "telling the truth". I have looked at the threads on this website for related texts and have found heaps but I can't relate it back to "telling the truth". I was thinking of doing the Lindy Chamberlain "dingo ate my baby" story but I don't know. If anybody could help that would be great but if not that’s fine.
Thanks.

skateykate

HSC
hey...well i'm doing "fineline" which is a documentary.....ne documentary will work or farnhiet 7/11 or however u spell it is good to.....and for my other one i'm using "a modest proposal" and u jut need to analysis it to see wat techniques the composer has used to get their point across and then u can connect it to frontline and telling the truth...

well good luck with it...bye

HSC
N/A
*raises eyebrow* so you've looked at the "telling the truth - related texts" sticky and can't find anything you could use? Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to have a bit of a think about what you think the module is asking you to do :/

Having posted in the sticky myself, I know there are non-war texts like "To Kill a Mockingbird" in there...

You get a LOT of flexibility with the "Telling the Truth" module. Don't be fooled into thinking that you have to find examples that ONLY follow the "this is how people fool other people into believing ___ is the truth" line. There are so many other "types" of truth out there... even "truth" itself is subjective! Have a good think about why the composers are saying what they say. How are they doing this? What effect does it have? Are they claiming this is "truth"? Frontline certainly does things one way, but there are so many "Howevers" and "In comparison" and "In stark contrasts" that you could use with various other texts listed in the related texts sticky.

Jezabel2411

HSC
Thanks for your help. No, i didn't take it the wrong way. I think I'm going to do "Oh What A Lovely War" as i've already studyed that. So hopefully i will go ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)