Help SantaSlayer (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

santaslayer

HSC
Hello everybody. I have a number of computer related questions if you would please take the time to answer:

1) When I turn on my sisters computer the screen keeps displaying a message saying "no input device"I press RESTART a number of times in order for the thing to start booting. How do I overcome this problem? Everything is connected!

2) I have windows XP but time and time again, when Im surfing online the Ïllegal Operation"message appears and automatically restarts my computer within 1 minute. People tell me it's been infected by a virus so if this is true can someone direct me to the correct patch?

3) My own computer has suffered problems as of late too. It forced me to run SCANREG and then booted itself up again. The only problem is that the computer reverted to the configuration I had many years ago. Is this MS backup stuffing around with me? What's worse is that the computer is forcing me to run SCANREG again and again everytime I attempt to boot up, making all my new files invalid because they werent suppose to be their two or three years ago.

Any ideas? Thank you. :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
santaslayer said:
Hello everybody. I have a number of computer related questions if you would please take the time to answer:

1) When I turn on my sisters computer the screen keeps displaying a message saying "no input device"I press RESTART a number of times in order for the thing to start booting. How do I overcome this problem? Everything is connected!
Have you tried another keyboard/mouse? It could just be a bad connection (try reconnecting the thing).

santaslayer said:
2) I have windows XP but time and time again, when Im surfing online the Ïllegal Operation"message appears and automatically restarts my computer within 1 minute. People tell me it's been infected by a virus so if this is true can someone direct me to the correct patch?
It could be a million and one things, not just a virus. But if you are sure yourself you can use this free tool by McAfee to get rid of the most common and troublesome virus.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

santaslayer said:
3) My own computer has suffered problems as of late too. It forced me to run SCANREG and then booted itself up again. The only problem is that the computer reverted to the configuration I had many years ago. Is this MS backup stuffing around with me? What's worse is that the computer is forcing me to run SCANREG again and again everytime I attempt to boot up, making all my new files invalid because they werent suppose to be their two or three years ago.
Probably result of a computer that is too cluttered and messy in general....

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
why don't you do a format. It'll clear up all the mess.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
YAY!!!

How old is she Santa? :p

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
1) As above, try replugging keyboard/mouse in

2) Since your using XP, turn on the firewall. that should stop at least a few potential RPC worms.. which force shutdown your computer. Then hop onto the net, update your virus definitions, then use windowsupdates for the critical patches

3) Sounds like you can't boot. Hop into safe mode (press F8 when botting), and backup your stuff.. Then format!

Mithoric

HSC
2)

Run msconfig (start > run > type "msconfig")
Click the startup tab, post all the different things you have that are checked in that list.
I have the following for example-
msgplus
atipaxx
stylexp
idman
zonealarm

You don't want things like-
wnetlogin
tqrba
enbeie
systemcfg
save
nortanav
syslog32
updr32
rhdvlx
lixgyq
atiphexx
atimdxx

You do get a few others, but those are the main ones you want to look out for.My anitvirus/firewall software I've written stopped all of those from entering into my startup in the last year.

santaslayer

HSC
OK, thanks for the start everyone, I'll try a few of these things and tell you if it dosen't works. Thanks again . :)

Ziff: she's only 13. Relax. :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bah

thats past my <12, >16 rule !

shes all yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)