HELP! Society and Culture vs Ancient History?!?! (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm doing Society and Culture... but so many people are telling me that I should've chosen Ancient, particularly because Society isn't a subject you can rote learn? Is this true? I have heavily relied on memorisation to get top marks... and am worried if I have made the wrong choice by picking this subject, even though I find it enjoyable.

paatttt

HSC
I reckon you should drop society and culture, because 1. it does not scale well at all, and 2. there is a 5000 word major project that would take up way too much of your time :p

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Ancient History is a proper HSC subject
Society and Culture is not.

HSC
Ancient history is a fantastic subject if you are ever considering it. I don't know much about Society and Culture so I can't help you with that.

sammie293

HSC
Society and Culture is very different in year 11 to year 12. Prelim (in my opinion) is much more interesting than the HSC course. And yes the PIP is horrible if you don't do something you truly enjoy, and if you don't have good time management.
Ancient History has a LOT more content than Society, but yes it is more rote learning also.
But realistically it depends on what you enjoy, because that is what you succeed at (usually). Do you enjoy history?

Antonella_Teresa

HSC
N/A
Society and Culture is the best subject. Loving it. Keep it...you may not be able to rote learning but doing something you enjoy is much more important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)