HELP - Speed Cameras (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Hey i need some help please, im in a sticky situation...

I went past a speed camera (one that is on a pole and fixed into the ground) doing about 50km in a 40km school zone. However I really need to know something:

I was in the left lane on a two lane road (two lanes travelling each way) and the camera was infront of me on the other side of the road. Does the camera pick up speeding cars on the opposite side of the road travelling in the opposite direction? Can they take a photo of me from the front of my car?

Urgent... answers needed quickly...

I'm really worried coz im on my red p's which means i lose my license if i get caught and it was completely accidental. i completely forgot about the school zone and i thought it was 60km zone, and i really cannot lose my license.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yep.
one question though... if you thought if was a 60kmh zone, why were you only doing 50?

patty4848

HSC
breaking said:
yep.
one question though... if you thought if was a 60kmh zone, why were you only doing 50?
Is that yep to both questions? How sure are you coz i've had mixed responses from mates.

I was stopped at traffic lights before the camera, so i was accelerating when i was doing 50

Shit im going to lose it...

patty4848

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
A) It doesn't matter if it was an accident or not.
B) Even if you thought it was 60, it doesn't matter.

Whether the cameras are set to change for school hours or not, I do not know. If it does, you sound pretty screwed. As for whether it'd take your pic going in both directions, I'd say it probably does, but you'll find out soon enough.

Teach you to fuckin' speed.
I'm very much aware of A and B thanks... and i've already received the lecture... i just wanted answers thanks

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
the only way you can be sure is to go back there. if there are sensors on the road (sometimes these are fairly hard to see) then you've almost definitely 100% been caught. if there are none, you might be lucky.

patty4848

HSC
breaking said:
the only way you can be sure is to go back there. if there are sensors on the road (sometimes these are fairly hard to see) then you've almost definitely 100% been caught. if there are none, you might be lucky.
What do the sensors look like. And are they actually ON the road?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yep. you cant miss them, they are lines going horizontally across the road. this is what detects your speed when you drive over them

or maybe thats red light cameras, idk

patty4848

HSC
Well im going past there again tonight so I'll have a look and find out

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
breaking said:
That's the exact advice I was going to give. Will look like a series of dashes in the road, perpendicular to the lane markings.

michael1990

HSC
After my fine from a speeding camera, i did some research on them. They are set to different lanes. So say if you were travelling in a northern direction, there are 3 lanes, you are in the far left. It is possible for the speed camera to catch your speeding.

BUT
if you were on the opposite side of the road, i do not know if it will catch your speeding.

Also the fact that it was a school zone, it is on a date and time system. So like if its a wednesday at 5pm, the school zone camera wouldn't be used, it would change the speed camera to 60km/h. Saturdays it would be turned to 60km/h.

Foxodi

HSC
Is your car in your name? If it isn't, then just beg your parents to take the fall for you :)

Peartie

HSC
the govt is changing speed cameras to getting traffic in both directions - dont know about 4 lanes though........

CieL

HSC
Some cameras already catch both directions.

Could state which road it was to see if some of us know that camera.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Cameras outside schools are already seasoned to school zone hours and take both directions.

You are fucked.

EDIT: Not to mention that school zone offences carry harsher penalties than the same offence would if it were committed elsewhere.

patty4848

HSC
breaking said:
No sensors on the road

patty4848

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Cameras outside schools are already seasoned to school zone hours and take both directions.

You are fucked.

EDIT: Not to mention that school zone offences carry harsher penalties than the same offence would if it were committed elsewhere.
Thankyou appreciate that.

Does anyone know what my penalty would be...

It was on President Avenue at Gymea, going towards Sutherland.

patty4848

HSC
nevermind about the penalties, i just found out...

Bye bye license. See you in 3 months

michael1990

HSC
patty4848 said:

Ah unlucky!

Its all good. I suppose your car is in your name, not your parents?
Well at least you will value your licence much much more when you get it back.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
patty4848 said:

For future reference, RTA offer demerit point checkers, though that probably won't help you out now.

michael1990 said:
Ah unlucky!

Its all good. I suppose your car is in your name, not your parents?
Well at least you will value your licence much much more when you get it back.
Condescending much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)