HELP! Thesis writing (1 Viewer)

happy_turtle

HSC
Hey! I really suck at english and essay writing and writing theses so I was wondering if someone could give me some tips or pointers. We are doing betrayal and atonement for our first topic and the question is:

"There is a way to be good again"
To what extent is this concept emphasised in The Kite Runner and Atonement?

Thank you heaps!!! :cool:

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
A thesis is usually your main argument to the question, keep it nice and broad so you can have heaps of things to argue within it.

With your topic of betrayal and atonement there would be some pretty straight forward themes that would relate to that topic alone. e.g. betrayal is bad, there is a way to right all wrongs, second chances... etc.

Now with your question "there is a way to be good again" you want to again argue that using some of the themes above, so basically without looking to much into it, if you put it all together your thesis could sound something like this:

An important aspect of human compassion and understanding is the ability to forgive and attempt to right all wrongs.

Basically, its very rough but you should get the idea, with forgive = atonement (somewhat) and 'all wrongs' = betrayal. It is important after this when you introduce your texts that you make this clear though.

Obviously, there are probably other arguments you can take depending on how the books explore the idea of betrayal and atonement.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)