HELP w/ KING LEAR (1 Viewer)

ben_au69

HSC
hey i'm doin traditional and feminist reading for King Lear tomorrow, and

i think im pretty fucked but i have two questions:

a) i did the Peter Brooks version for the traditional reading, but not im shitting myself cos some other thread said that you can't use Brooks for traditional

i basically said that in Brooks, the storm scene exemplifies the progession from order to disorder, disrupting the Great Chain of Being, a characteristic of an Aristotelian tragedy. i also said someting about the role and influence of nature... and i said the sad ending seen in Aristotelian tragedies was demonstrated when Gonerill and Regan do the head smashing against rock business...

and

b) For feminist reading, i did the BBC production but i made up some things that didn't actually happen in the production, the help my argument... do u think they would realise or should i actually make up a name for the production aswell?
i said some stuff about close ups of Cordelia demonstrating an affirmation of female power etc etc but i dont think they actually happened in the play

are there any real productions which actually relate to my readings?

its too late to change reading now so i was just wondering if i'd get fucked tomorrow if i stay with what ive written?

cheers

nelly_xox

same here

sum one help!! same problem sept i didnt even know u had to have different plays to back ur reading up, dumb teacher.... errrr this sux!!

JessC

HSC
N/A
hey sorry but i can't help...i sux at lear aswell and i'm probably more fukd then you guys...

but ben au69, just keep writing bout what you know and as long as it sounds like you know what your talking about then you'll be fine...
just remember: If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

thats the way i go anyway...

Good luck for tomorrow, and if your stressing just remember theres always someone else out there like me who is way mre fukd then you guys!!!

Last edited:

ben_au69

HSC
haha oh well...

ive decided on doing brooks for leavisite

and i made up one called "The John Cartwright Production, 1992"

sound credible?

JessC

HSC
N/A
hey tats sounds alrite....i mite use tat 2...

nah dont just in case...coz some of these markers are lear freaks and prob know bout all the productions and everythin else to do bout lear...
mayb u r fukd after all....

no..u'll be fine

Candypants

Well Brook's is not classified as an Aristotelian tragedy - it's absurdist/ nihilistic or Comedy of the Grotesque - but if you can back up whatver you say with a good argument, then they're not going to penalise you.

It's not a good idea to make up stuff from the BBC production, as all the marker's have probably seen it. It's better if you do it with a stage play or a hard to come by movie so you can pretty much guarantee that they won't contradict what you've said. So yeah, try make one up, but make it believable. Use a theatre company name.

Which BBC production - Miller or Eyre? If in Eyre, he does use close-ups of Cordelia, but it's not an affirmation of female power, rather her sheer inability to "heave my heart into my mouth". That's more concentrated on love and honesty.

But yeah, I think you're pretty fucked too.
Na - you'll do all right :)

ben_au69

HSC
haha thanks for telling me im fucked :)

so its ok to make one up?

cos im going withy johnny cartwright =p

born slippy

if youre looking for the name of a feminist production then a real mcoy one is CUT theatres 'Queen Lere' directed by megan finlay at newtown theatre... im pretty fucked on too... whats the most intellectual way of saying family/ domestic reading do u think?? theres all these names for it but i dunno which will sound better to the markers... i need all the help i can get cos all my essays are total shithouse

ben_au69

HSC
mmmm

but i made up techniques too, and most of them are camera techniques

so i can't use those on Queen Lear

unless anyone has seen it and can tell me some techniques used in queen lear?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)