help we need somebody Help not just anybody helpp (1 Viewer)

noxiousnicole

HSC
:ninja:Big problem- My group and I are doing our performance on the Different
Views on Religion, we have four characters Mr.Religious, Mr.Satanist,
Mr.Agnostic and Mr. Athesist. Our Scene is the four characters are mates
in a Bar from being in the bar we go though a journey of each characters
views on what they believe in. But we are completly stuck on how it
should end?? and any ideas on how to help our characterisations of each
character?? thanks!

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
characterisation is crucial. i use a few methods to help me out which include talking to a person that may have experienced what my piece is about, in your case, talk to an athiest and a catholic, do as much research you can, use a variety of sources to establish a vast range of opinions on each then sift through the info and form your own opinion on the topic and also hotseat, this is when one character sits in a chair and the others fire questions at you and they are answered acording to the views of the character...if you cant answer the question then that is a area of characterisation that has a flaw and could be worked on. a character is constantly changing so do this quite a few times and eventually a character's circumstances and history become evident.

the piece sounds good the ending would depend on if it is making a controversial statement or not and also what you are trying to say about the groups views on religion
hope this helps

uberschveinen

HSC
Well, frsitly, is it intended to be humourous?

MA: "So, mister satanist, you believe in the judeo-christian notion of God?"
MS: "Yes, as without God as we understand Him to there cannot be Satan as we understand him to be.
MS: "So you believe in an omnipotent and omniscient God, yet your entire existence revolves around antagonising Him as best you possibly can?

If so, you could go through the scenes like that, and convert them all, so that at the end everybody has swapped roles but not characters. then just redo the opening.

noxiousnicole

HSC
Uberschveinen - you are a deadset Legend thank you so much for helping me with that ending, and yes we do intend for it to be Humourous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)