HELP! what happens at a Private School Interview (1 Viewer)

Jessicaz2910

HSC
what should i wear?

what are the questions that they may ask?

and anything else to help me do better

and its for entry in 9th grade

:confused:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
what should i wear?

what are the questions that they may ask?

and anything else to help me do better

and its for entry in 9th grade

:confused:
umm i think i wore my current school uniform but that was for entry into year seven. wear something classy, but not so you look like you're trying to look to old. hmm a nice dress? not revealing or too short. or a nice skirt and top.

they'll just ask you about yourself, your schooling, sports you play, other extracurricular activities etc. just be confident, and if you do like pole dancing as a sport, don't bring it up.. lol. but seriously i have known of someone doing that. lol.

if i may ask, what school? you don't have to answer that, just out of curiosity.

good luck!!

riya03

HSC
I had my interview for a private school almost 5 years ago..back in year 6. I don't clearly remember the type of questions they ask..but I do remember the teacher asking me why I was interested in applying at the school, my interests, subjects, etc. I wasn't nervous because my parents were with me, so if I didn't have an answer, they could reply for me :)

Take note of Hermand's post, it is very useful..and I think that's all you need to know, really!

Well, all the very best!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Just wear something casual. Don't do thongs and singlets obviously.

They are mostly going to ask you what do you do in your spare time and have a chat about your interest and your life so far. If you have filled in a form with questions directed at you, they are definately going yo ask you alot of stuff from there.

Tips:be confident, clear voice, don't go on for ever, and keep your answer sweet and simple.

Good Luck!

Mind telling us what school?

Jessicaz2910

HSC
its just for these independent schools in nth sydney... a couple of them

binary star

HSC
What to wear? Clothes preferably
Questions: Whats your favourite font on MS Word, why you named your cat "George".. etc etc.
Anything else? Well a word of advice, its better to go when you're sober.....

Last edited:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
its just for these independent schools in nth sydney... a couple of them
ah okay, good luck then!

the smaller schools generally look for academic, or extracurricular interests. and the larger ones are also interested in sport. check out their websites to see what they place emphasis on, and, if you can, bring up your talents in that area during the interview.

good luck! let us know how you go =]].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)