help wit biophysical interactions (1 Viewer)

caintoad

HSC
:rofl: :eek:
can anyone elp me plz, i have to describe the biophysical interatctions which have created a diverse ecosystem, using the porters creek wetlands:bomb: ..
this is urgent as it is due mondy

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
well all u need to know is
the 4 spheres!
how the spheres link together
ie:
biophysical interation is the interference between the atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and the biosphere. without these components of the 4 sphere the living organism will no-longer exist.
the atmosphere provides us with oxygen, air moisture and winds.
the hydrosphere consist of all water elements
the lithosphere consist of main land.
and the biopshere is all living organisms on earth.
the biophysical interaction is like a global ecosystem surrounding our environment.

ddtng

HSC
Erm, expertdkx, thats all prelim information, which is all fair and relevant to a degree, but really not helpful in terms of HSC case studies.

Sorry caintoad, I didn't do Porters Creek Wetlands, so I can't really help here. I did do the overly popular Bicentennial Park Wetlands though...

Daaan

HSC
Oh yeah, another Bicentennial Park junkie like me!
:(

Pretty much cain toad, you gotta go into the specific biophysical interactions with the case studies, biogeographical processe, hydrological cycle, nutrient cycling and energy flows within the ecosystem. Then you got vulnerability and resilience from stress, which can vary due to different biophysical interactions, like wetlands have low biodiversity, so they are more vulnerable to attack. yadda yadda yadda

Funny thing is, I just realised you wrote this like 8 months ago. So i guess this is for all the others who ask the same question.

I got the trials for this tomorrow.. and I hate ecosystems. :(

jason21

HSC
I havent done that case study neither but pretty much all you have to do is link the 4 spheres together and say how the provide diversity in the ecosystem. For example, the atmosphere relates to climatic factors such as wind as well as temperature and rainfall determine the rate of ecosystems functioning. You can also mention with the atmosphere about the nitrogen, water and carbon cycles and how humans have impacted on the ecosystems functioning with pollution that hinder the speed and rate of their functioning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)