Help With Biology Question (1 Viewer)

Imagination

HSC
If anyone could help us with this question it would be much appriciated

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:"Identify products extracted from donated blood and discuss the uses of these products":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

neeny

HSC
well. great question imagination. i am also keen to find out for my first HSC task. VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE HELP HIM!

Icystealer

HSC
Pretty sure this is a dot point on the syllabus.
Anyways off top of my head:
Red blood cells
White blood cells
Platelets
Plasma - (there is quite a few - go to the australian red cross site)

HSC
i just did this like 2 nights ago lol. theres plasma, white blood cells, platelets, red blood cells, cycroprecipitate (which is found in plasma)

jeff.wong

HSC
Analyse information from secondary sources to identify the products extracted from donated blood and discuss the uses of these products

Red blood cells (RBCs)
RBCs help patients who need to be able to carry more oxygen. RBCs may also be used to help replace cells lost following significant bleeding.

Platelet concentrate
Platelets are essential for the coagulation of blood and are used to treat bleeding caused by conditions or diseases where the platelets are not functioning properly.

Fresh frozen plasma (FFP)
FFP is used mainly to provide blood components that coagulate the blood. FFP contains all coagulation factors in normal amounts and is free of red cells, white blood cells and platelets. It is used for patients who require immediate clotting effects, such as that undergoing warfarin therapy (blood thinning) or when massive transfusions have taken place.

Cryoprecipitate anti-haemophilic factor
Cryoprecipitate AHF is a concentrate of clotting proteins and is used for the treatment of von Willebrand disease (similar to haemophilia), replacement of the clotting proteins, fibrinogen, Factor XIII and Factor VIII when no other option is successful.

annachristie

HSC
what are the issues for and against these uses? clearly the uses for are obvious- but why would people be against these uses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)