Help With Characterisation (1 Viewer)

shaunbates

HSC
in my i.p iam playing a character that is mentaly disabled and im so scared that i wont be able to pull it off can anyone tell me some good characterisation to help with developing a sincere portrayal of a mentaly disabled person

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'll try to help you...can u give some more specific character details? age, history, the reason they're disabled, anything else relevant, the nature of the mental disability...all those things will have an impact on how best to portray your character.

uberschveinen

HSC
Mannerisms. Mannerisms are the Patron Deity of characterisation, and are fairly easy to pick up. Next time you see a character like yours somewhere, watch and listen to them for a while, note what they do, and do same. Do this each time you see something appropriate and eventually it'll all fit in together to create a good set of characterisatory movement/dialogue. Just, for the love of whichever God you call your own, do NOT force it or make it up yourself or IT WILL LOOK STUPID AND YOU WILL LOSE MANY MARKS.

HSC
it matter what mental disability your character has... the symptoms (therefor the characteristics) would depend on what type of disability ur lookin at

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)