Help with Creative writing on "change" (1 Viewer)

sam_09

HSC
Hey has any 1 got any ideals on how i should start a story based on the theme "change"?

Thanks

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Although these are ideas for a different AoS, they do have their similarities - perhaps there's an idea in that thread that you may like?

HSC
Well, it should depend on you, but here's an interesting thought:

Why not set a creative piece in Ancient Greece (Athens), about an aspiring male or teen longing to be like the famous writers Homer and Sophocles, who wrote about magnificent battles and wars with great precision and flare.

Athens is then attacked, and the male is conscripted as a hoplite (soldier). After experiencing first hand the blood and gore, and the ruthlessness of war, once the siege has ended, the innocent, aspiring male persona is gone - instead of singing songs about the 'brave soldiers' the male begins to write about the 'fools' that throw themselves into the voracious jaw of an insatiable beats called war.

I think that should be interesting, and should score you top marks for originality, characterization and the fact you showed the themes could exist beyond the ordinary world, but also transcend time and place!

If you need anymore help, remember I am holding a course on creative writing at various libraries during march! p.m if you're interested.

Good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)