Help with finalising my subject choices (1 Viewer)

woopa

HSC
I need some help with choosing my subjects as i think i need to change alot of them. Ive been having some problems choosing as ive always been in the highest classes at my school so im not really sure what im best at. My subjects choices at the moment are:

Standard english
Mathematics (definetly changing to gen)
Biology
Music 2(might change to senior science maybe economics not sure what its like though)
Geography
Chemistry(might change to business skills or modern history)​

SO im wondering whether to change chem because i feel that i would probably struggle in that class and changing to another class may be better but i dont really like any classes on that line really=(.
Im also thinkin of changing music because although i love it im not sure whether my theory work would be enough to get me a high mark where as i know that i would do well in senior science.​

I am hoping that you can give me some good advice on some good subjects(ones that you enjoy) and also ones that you found really difficult and whether you have any opinions of what i should change too​

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I need some help with choosing my subjects as i think i need to change alot of them. Ive been having some problems choosing as ive always been in the highest classes at my school so im not really sure what im best at. My subjects choices at the moment are:

Standard english
Mathematics (definetly changing to gen)
Biology
Music 2(might change to senior science maybe economics not sure what its like though)
Geography
Chemistry(might change to business skills or modern history)​

SO im wondering whether to change chem because i feel that i would probably struggle in that class and changing to another class may be better but i dont really like any classes on that line really=(.
Im also thinkin of changing music because although i love it im not sure whether my theory work would be enough to get me a high mark where as i know that i would do well in senior science.​

I am hoping that you can give me some good advice on some good subjects(ones that you enjoy) and also ones that you found really difficult and whether you have any opinions of what i should change too​
Ok, so you said that you have always been in the highest classes at school. What have your marks been like, are you a high achieving student?

What are your plans for after you leave school?

At the end of the day I would say do what interests you as they will be the most enjoyable subjects, easier to study for and you will perform better in them

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The greatest irony of all: "I am always in the highest classes for school, so I picked General Maths and Standard English".

We need to know your ATAR Aim as well.

victoria10

HSC
i would change english to advanced mainly because if your at the top of your year 10 classes you should be fine in advanced. and if not you can drop down if you like.

with mathamatics i would stay then if you cant handle it drop to general.

at least stick the classes out for a bit and see how they go, if you start changing then you hate the classes even more then the old ones your in shit.

you have like a couple of weeks to decide dont you? so just chill and see how you go.

awaitingtrain

HSC
The first thing YOU need to do is stop being so scared of failure. I'm not intentionally trying to sound mean but it's true, once you stop freaking out and take some deep breaths you'll figure out...

If you don't know what you want to do and you just want a high ATAR in "good subjects" which you enjoy, then examine the advantages of each subject. I ended up changing from Chemistry to Modern History because:

i. The content in Modern is INFINITELY more interesting
ii. I'm already doing Biology and Physics and I don't need Chemistry
iii. The teacher we have in Modern is excellent

Don't get me wrong the Prelim and HSC are bound to be harder than junior years but they aren't going to destroy you, if you study consistently and think you'll enjoy the subject... GO for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)