Help with focus subjects (1 Viewer)

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Hi peoples, whats up? Anyways i've been doin a bit of thinking, but i'm not sure wether to focus on a solid mark for maths or a top mark for I.T, my courses are as follows
Eng (ADV)
Mathematics
IPT
Information Technology exam
Chemistry
Physics

I know it would be possible to get an ok mark in maths, but i dont take a real interest in the subject. I.T on the other hand... I like I.T, but i have a joke for a teacher (i missed out on 5 lessons in a row due to work placement=15hrs of the course, and all i missed out on was a small booklet!)

I'm aiming for uni (comp eng.) so i dont know which way to go.

Thanks

Blackalicious

HSC
well ive been told (dont quote me on this) that a good math mark will help you ALOT for comp eng... so i would focus on Math more and try to bring up your marks b/c alot of engineering courses are maths based

santaslayer

HSC
comp eng is pretty high in terms of uai requirements.......so i would study for maths more then IT due to scaling.....
and yes comp eng will require a lot of maths, and it will definatley not require generic skills learned in IT

Scanorama

HSC
Hi everyone, can someone please help me on my subjects too?
Im doing:
Standard English
General Mathematics
Chemistry
IPT
SDD

I know I can do ok on IPT, Maths and possibly SDD. Im aiming for a UAI of around 80, can someone please give me some suggestions?

Blackalicious

HSC
Originally posted by Gough Whitlam
Hi everyone, can someone please help me on my subjects too?
Im doing:
Standard English
General Mathematics
Chemistry
IPT
SDD

I know I can do ok on IPT, Maths and possibly SDD. Im aiming for a UAI of around 80, can someone please give me some suggestions?
try using SAM and play around with the marks to see what you need for a UAI of 80.
You have ten units SO you need to be efficent and do well in ALL of these units. Look at your weaknesses in each of your subjects and try to improve them ( or get your tecacher to identify them for you)

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Rightee then, of course doing well in maths will help me in comp eng, but i know i can get a way better mark in I.T. Comparatively speaking, wat type of mark would i need in maths to get something like 80% scaled in I.T?

Affinity

HSC
Don't look at marks..

ask yourself, am I one of the top 5% of people doing IT?
and am I one of the top 10% in the mathematics course?

Marks for subjects such as IT and IPT tends to be crunched up in 80s and you will need to get 90s for it to be good for UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)