• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help with Germany essay question (1 Viewer)

emurelief

HSC
Assess the extent to which Hitler and the Nazi's rise to power was the result of Weimar failings in the period 1918-23.

My teacher was going over essay structure in class, and her focus seemed to be on the reasons why Weimar failed (eg proportional representation, Versaille, presidential decree). Is that really answering the question though? How would you have approached this question?

Photographer07

HSC
hello.
well firstly did you study why the weimer republic collapsed in the first place?
read over that, and also read over how hitler rose to gain complete power.
then you can easilty answer the question corectly.

Make sure you write to 'what extent' Hitlers power corrupted the weimer Republic. About the relevence of what your teacher provided;

proportional representation, Versaille, presidential decree

its a good idea if you mention them. but i wouldnt go into detail i dont think its that relevant, because its not really answering the question.
the question is asking more about the extent to which Hitler and the Nazi's rise to power was the result of Weimar failings in the period 1918-23.

Then again, those are the things that helped hitler rise to power.
i dont think im helping much :( You should ask your teacher to help you out and explain it more to you. :]

sorry. i hope i helped just a little.

mzduxx2006

HSC
emurelief said:
Assess the extent to which Hitler and the Nazi's rise to power was the result of Weimar failings in the period 1918-23.

My teacher was going over essay structure in class, and her focus seemed to be on the reasons why Weimar failed (eg proportional representation, Versaille, presidential decree). Is that really answering the question though? How would you have approached this question?
Hey. i did a similar essay question. and off the top of my head i would go about answering this question by:

Intro
- State yur agreeance or disagreeance with the question

1st paragraph
- Revise a little of hitlers accession to power, [ie transforming the "german workers union" into the Nazis and his political beliefs in that he was anti communist etc.

2nd paragraph
- Political problems the Weimar republic faced
[Munich Beerhall putsch in 1923--> Hitler challenging Weimer constructions]
[instability in constructions of weimar republic -->because Germany was formerly run by a monarchy]
[Kapp Putsch]
[signing of Treaty of Versailles and the November criminals "bitter pill for germany to swallow"---> turned to Hitler due to his "patriotism"]

3rd paragraph
- Economic failures
[inflation of 1918]
[hyperinflation of 1923---> Hitler exploited economic slump and promised civilians a better alternative]

4th paragraph
- Social changes.
[occupation of the Ruhr]
[increased discontent in german civilians ---> hence turning to an alternative in Hitlers political party]

5th paragraph
- concluding statement, once again stating yur agreeance or disagreeance with the question.

thats all i can think of at the moment. im sure i have missed something ahah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)