Help with HSC past Q (1 Viewer)

Vivienne.W

HSC
N/A
1697803637733.png

Hi guys, so I wanted to answer this using examples I already know - namely, BT Corn and recombinant DNA technology as an example (from mod 6).. But I am looking at some sources and information is conflicting online. How can I relate this effectively to the management of non-infectious disease?? Pls help thank u 😭 😭

Also do vaccines count for infectious diseases too??

TankKuno

HSC
yes it does,

but for non infectious diseases i would recommend talking about diaaabilites that you wouldve learnt in mod8, ex: hearing loss, myopia( short sightedness, kidney disease etc) because for all of those are non-infectious and hence would need technoliges to treat/manage the disease. in regards the the key word "impact" i would say how effective/non-effective the tehcnology is on managing the disease and maybe how accessible the technology is.

hope this helped, dont hesistate to reach out again if u need me to re-explain smth/fix smth i didnt explain correctly

Vivienne.W

HSC
N/A
yes it does,

but for non infectious diseases i would recommend talking about diaaabilites that you wouldve learnt in mod8, ex: hearing loss, myopia( short sightedness, kidney disease etc) because for all of those are non-infectious and hence would need technoliges to treat/manage the disease. in regards the the key word "impact" i would say how effective/non-effective the tehcnology is on managing the disease and maybe how accessible the technology is.

hope this helped, dont hesistate to reach out again if u need me to re-explain smth/fix smth i didnt explain correctly
ty for ur message!!

i am struggling to get suitable genetic techs tho that relate to mod 8 - all the ones i can recall are just normal techs not necessarily genetic

also that makes sense!! thanks for explaining the impact aspect of the Q

TankKuno

HSC
ty for ur message!!

i am struggling to get suitable genetic techs tho that relate to mod 8 - all the ones i can recall are just normal techs not necessarily genetic

also that makes sense!! thanks for explaining the impact aspect of the Q
FECK i misread the question myself.... pls disregard...

non infectious disease managment can be seen trhougn crispr cas9, a technology that can splice/edit out known genetic disease coding parts of DNA

Vivienne.W

HSC
N/A
FECK i misread the question myself.... pls disregard...

non infectious disease managment can be seen trhougn crispr cas9, a technology that can splice/edit out known genetic disease coding parts of DNA
LOLLL its ok, better now than in the hsc
thank uuu 😻

HSC
View attachment 40852

Hi guys, so I wanted to answer this using examples I already know - namely, BT Corn and recombinant DNA technology as an example (from mod 6).. But I am looking at some sources and information is conflicting online. How can I relate this effectively to the management of non-infectious disease?? Pls help thank u 😭 😭

1698891884657.png

This is from the Edzion AI tutor, you would attempt the HSC exam-style question after it has answered your question to check your understanding, thought it might be helpful to share its output. Feel free to check it out on Edzion if you are interested or try putting any other questions you are stuck on in there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)