Help with KFC! (1 Viewer)

orkyz

HSC
I just had an interview yesterday and i think it went pretty well. however i got an email saying that they are sorry but they can't accept me because my availability doesn't match, because of their peak times etc. they also suggested to extend the hours i work( i applied for 8 hours a week). what should i do? would they still let me work or should i extend my working time?

HSC
what did you put as your availability? Obviously they don't want to hire someone who they won't be able to give shifts to, etc.

Though this is KFC, and you're young. I would have thought that they would have snapped you up regardless.

orkyz

HSC
i put fridays:4pm to 7pm and saturdays:1pm to 6pm

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I would extend your availability, if you have the opportunity to do so. Even if you extend the time that you're available to work, you can ask to only be rostered on for 8 hours per week due to school e.g. I am available 4 days a week, but ask to only have 2 shifts a week so I have time to study and relax.

Those times you have put would be very difficult to work with, as they're outside normal lunch/dinner times, which is the busy times they'll really need staff.

orkyz

HSC
so i could i say friday: 6PM to 9Pm and saturday:1PM to 5PM?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
so i could i say friday: 6PM to 9Pm and saturday:1PM to 5PM?
if you could do a whole day on saturday it might be better

and maybe work a bit later on friday nights (if the store you're applying for gets a lot of late night drunk/party customers they'd probably snap that right up)

but otherwise looks ok. basically they want you to be as available as you can possibly be when applying, but once you get the job you can ask for less hours

sarawrrx

HSC
I work there (Even though I haven't worked in months) and you should definitely say you're available more often.

Downside to this is that they may put you for those shifts in your first few weeks of working. First two weeks are training, so those shifts you probably should attend.

After a while however, you can easily change your availability.

I went down from around 4 days a week, to two. Then only Sundays. Now I havent worked in months cause .. . I don't feel like it LOL.

Good luck, otherwise apply Maccas!

sarawrrx

HSC
OH also! You said you can work 6 - 9 on a Friday. They don't like people to say they can work such short shifts, usually your shift will be four hours. You'll be lucky to get 3 hour ones when you work, so you should extend your times too.

jirwin

HSC
Are these the ONLY times you are available? I understand you would like only 8hrs (which is fine), it's just you can't exactly say 'I want 8hrs and only at these times', which is basically what you've done. You haven't given them any other option except those 8hrs. Give them your entire availabilities. So for example, Friday 4pm-9pm, Saturday All Day etc. which means they can give you 8hrs but have a choice of times. E.g. one week you might get Friday 4-8 and then Saturday 9-1pm etc.

I'm available 3 days a week at my work, but usually only have 2 short shifts.
I.e I'm available ALL day Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. But this week I was rostered on 12.30-4.30pm on Wednesday and 10.30-1.30pm Saturday (today).

madsam

God among men
HSC
8 hours availability? The hell is wrong with you dude?

They'll only give you 5-15 hours work regardless, so you should put down at least 3 days a week for at least 5 hours each

I work at woolies, i put down 6 days a week availability, and i only work around 10 hours a week

Kiim2507

HSC
Lol dude you can't just say the times you want to work...they won't roster you on for all the times

Also 3 hours isn't very long...dunno bout that store but my store serving shifts are 4-5 hours and cooking is around 7 hours.

Better to say Friday 4-close, Saturday all day, Sunday all day and any other times you could possibly work then say I'd like 2-3 shifts a week

Otacon2009

HSC
Will KFC accept a 20 year old, even if he has worked in food prep before (Started out in Maccas, moved to Woolies and need something to fill the void until I get my job transferred successfully)?

Raix

HSC
^ I doubt it, they've got a lot of 15 year olds willing to do the job for less. But try it anyway.

HSC
But on the other hand, most stores are desparate. My brother worked at one KFC store, quit after a month, but then two months later another store rang him offering him an interview.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be ringing someone who quit another store after a month if I wasn't absolutely desperate for staff.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
im loling at the availabilities.

im available 7days a week and i do 38hrs a week =_=
more than I want, but until I get a new job. hm

Kiim2507

HSC
Will KFC accept a 20 year old, even if he has worked in food prep before (Started out in Maccas, moved to Woolies and need something to fill the void until I get my job transferred successfully)?
Depends...we hire older staff (uni students) to work in the day but ironically you might have too much experience and they will probably realise you only want the job temporarily

tbohlsennswssrg

Greenver_420
HSC
I have found, at least at my maccas (assuming it is the same for KFC) that my broad availabilities and my young age [16], I get an average of 20 hours per week.

My Availabilities are:

Monday: 1600 to 2200
Tuesday: N/A
Wednesday: 1600 to 2200
Thursday: 1600 to 2200
Friday: 1600 to 2200
Saturday: 0600 to 2200
Sunday: N/A

h3da

HSC
I have found, at least at my maccas (assuming it is the same for KFC) that my broad availabilities and my young age [16], I get an average of 20 hours per week.

My Availabilities are:

Monday: 1600 to 2200
Tuesday: N/A
Wednesday: 1600 to 2200
Thursday: 1600 to 2200
Friday: 1600 to 2200
Saturday: 0600 to 2200
Sunday: N/A
how much do maccas pay you an hour nowdays?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)