Help with prac exams =) (1 Viewer)

m00

HSC
hey we have a prac exam coming up and im looking for some tips, I always get stuck with questions like 'wha tcan be done to make this experiment more accurate' and I need some general advice on what I should look for when answering these types of questions. any other advcie would be very appreciated :)

samwell

HSC
Generally prac exams do analyse on how detailled and thorough ua understanding is on the module in question. It is very important to identify and have the ability to analyse the reliability and validity of a prac. Always be careful and read the detail as fast as possible and as carefully as possible. this is just a basic form of advice.

i-c-lil-ppl

Jasmine Gala
HSC
lol i just posted a similar post but asking for tips on a particular prac...
firstly you need to ask yourself if it is a quantitative or qualitative experiment before responding your questions, but generally you need to assess four factors in your experiment:

1. RELIABILITY: the key to this is repetition. Take several measurements, repeat the experiment over and over just so that ur result is reliable not a messed up rough one like normal first goes.

2. ACCURACY: How sensative is you equipment? To how many decimals does it take...more the better as the error will be less effective. The condition of your experiemtn such as poor rusting wires will affect it's performance.

3. VALIDITY: this is an assessment of your results where you consider the reliability and accuracy and their impact on your results.

4. IMPROVEMENTS: Do some prior research on some more sensative equipment or other methods that could be used to achieve better results and minimise error.

GOOD LUCK!:D

boredobyu

HSC
by using your common sense to make clear judgements and observations was the advice my teacher gave me. the prac exams are never what you expect except the fact taht it is within the syllabus. however, you can only really understanding what is expectexd of you such as referring to the objectives page found on the physcis board of studies site, a criteria that is, and just adjust to what ever is set.

Good luck tho :D

benji6667

HSC
i-c-lil-ppl said:
lol i just posted a similar post but asking for tips on a particular prac...
firstly you need to ask yourself if it is a quantitative or qualitative experiment before responding your questions, but generally you need to assess four factors in your experiment:

1. RELIABILITY: the key to this is repetition. Take several measurements, repeat the experiment over and over just so that ur result is reliable not a messed up rough one like normal first goes.

2. ACCURACY: How sensative is you equipment? To how many decimals does it take...more the better as the error will be less effective. The condition of your experiemtn such as poor rusting wires will affect it's performance.

3. VALIDITY: this is an assessment of your results where you consider the reliability and accuracy and their impact on your results.

4. IMPROVEMENTS: Do some prior research on some more sensative equipment or other methods that could be used to achieve better results and minimise error.

GOOD LUCK!:D
Wow thanks a heap for that list... ive got a prac exam 2morrow, and two outcomes in the exam notification mentioned accuracy, reliability and vailidity.

:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)