help with tax problem (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
Hi there anyone out there,

My problem is about what to write on my tax form as I just received an extra payment for not doing anything. Yes, i know, you may have thought stuff 'em, might as well keep it [it was quite an amount, among 400] but i thought better to pay them back, and so i talked to them and they told me what to do and to send out a letter that states my real gross. I had to pay back not just the net pay i received but also the gross.
I just want to know what I should write on my tax form, the gross payment from the group certificate or my real gross payment I actually earnt [Im sure its the latter but dont know...] Also, since I paid back the gross as they paid back the tax on my extra payment already, how do i write this type of claim on my tax form?

this situation sucks, i need some advice and help...

thanks to anyone who can explain/help.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I am not 100% sure at what you are getting at. But there is really no point in disclosing any amount rather than what is on your group certificate. That is going to be the only record the ATO has of what you were paid during the year.

I don't really work on personal tax returns, but I am sure there is a box on the form where you can disclose something like 'other income' or something along those lines. That is where I would of thought a miscellanious payment would go if it was not included on a group certificate.

*Minka*

HSC
if it is not on your group certificate, ignore it and enjoy the extra money. stuff it. they can't do anything about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)