Help! (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
What is the atmosphere like at Callaghan Campus? what are the lecturers like? How multicultural is it? And how big is the campus? What's life like up there?

And how the chics like? low, average, above average, tops? Is there enough Asian chics?

And what are the sports clubs like?

How is the business/commerce reputation?

How is the workload for business/commerce degrees?

How constant were the UAI's for business/commerce degrees?

ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH "APPRECIATED"

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
whoa...well ive only just finished yr 12, but ive been to the campus a few times, so ill try to answer a few
*the atmosphere seemed pretty good, everyone tended to go about their own business, but their also seemed to be lots of friends joking around, a few groups of boys kicking a soccer ball about, all that
*the few lecturers i met SEEMED nice enough
*it was reasonably multicultural, prob not as much as the sydney unis, but its certainly not a requirement of entry that you be caucasian.
*its about a 20 minute walk to get from the top of Shortland side to the bottom of Hunter side..so its a fairly big campus
*life (i presume you mean in newcastle) is really good, we have heaps of great clubs/pubs/bars/cafes (wOOT-go darby street!)/nightlife in general. if you like the beach, we have awesome beaches, shopping can be a little bit limited (compared to sydney), the vineyards are like 40 minutes away (by car)
*i didnt really look at the 'chicks' too much myself (being a 'chick' and all) but i heard from someone in this forum that the 'chicks' are definitly at least a B+, possibly higher
*once again, theres probably not a LOT of asian 'chicks', theres definitely a few though..and keep in mind theres like 15000 people at that uni, surely you can find someone in all that..
*cant really answer any of the others

hope it helped, feel free to contact me to ask anymore questions

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
And how the chics like? low, average, above average, tops? Is there enough Asian chics?
LOL! one of the reason newy isn't high on my prefs! the other reason is coz i'll miss my family :(
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
*i didnt really look at the 'chicks' too much myself (being a 'chick' and all) but i heard from someone in this forum that the 'chicks' are definitly at least a B+, possibly higher
:D

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Nope..not many asian chicks...fairly multicultural uni...lecturers are generally good

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
A lot of my classes are up in the university so i'll try and answer some of your classes.
In my view the atmosphere is great. Its a very friendly place.
The campus is massive. You can get lost so easily (as I did on my first day there for history extension)
Depending on the degree you do there are a lot of good looking girls. I heard that the business degree has a girl to guy ratio of 4 to 1.
Sorry, I cant answer your other questions. Dont know anything about the business/commerce degree.
The surf is always good at Newy. Bar Beach and Merewether are the best beaches.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Yeah..Night life is really good...wednesday nights are the best! I have a friend doing Economics and he only has about 12 hours a week or so...im guessing that would be fairly similar to commerce or business. There are plenty of good sporting clubs around and "the forum" (newcastle uni gym & aquatic centre) is excellent. There are a lot of sporting competitions throughout the year that are organised by the forum....such as touch footy and basketball, ranging from social to pretty full on. If you do come to newcaste uni, make sure you go to the clubs and societies expo in O-week. That is an excellent way to find out, and sign up for various social / political / sporting / faculty etc... clubs. I'll just repeat what everyone else has said about the campus being large....its a really nice walk to classes across the uni though...(except if you decide to leave the residential colleges at 4:56 for a physics lecture that starts at 5, then it turns into a bit of a frantic run) ...well thats my input....i gotta go do some maths study.....if you have any other questions then fire away.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
newcastle sucks
the only chicks are the lecturers, and they're all moles
and anybody seen on campus who looks like they might have a limp are shot on the spot
and the surf is terrible all year round
dont come here

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by um..
newcastle sucks
the only chicks are the lecturers, and they're all moles
and anybody seen on campus who looks like they might have a limp are shot on the spot
and the surf is terrible all year round
dont come here
are you a novacastrian? coz if you are then im ashamed to say that i live in the same city as you.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
are you a novacastrian? coz if you are then im ashamed to say that i live in the same city as you.
lol
(maybe he's joking.......................)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

LOL! one of the reason newy isn't high on my prefs! the other reason is coz i'll miss my family :(

:D
hahaha :p, social life & asian factor are 2 main things im most interested in. :D

Family, i'm sick of seeing them 24/7 hence why i want to try move out. MORE freedom!

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC

Only a B? I want A+ :D kidding :rolleyes:

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
hahahhaha
sar-chasm

and yes, i'm from waratah

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
hahahah
it isn't, no

the valley, like cessnock and stuff, its about 40mins to an hours drive out from the cityyyyyy

two days by unicycle, depending on winds and stock prices

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
newcastle claims to be 'the heart of the hunter valley', but its not really..not as such.
the hunter usually tends to be referred to when speaking about maitland/cessnock (vineyards)/singleton...all that sorta area.
as um.. said, cessnock is about 40 minutes from newcastle, which i guess isnt really that much...well it is prob for you city people, but up here its nothing..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i am ashamed to admit i am. but i guess where im from is not technically cessnock, im in the middle of nowhere, 20 minutes from cessnock.
but yeah, usually if people from not around this area ask where im from i usually say newcastle, coz a lot more people identify with that.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar
Hey I stayed at Newcastle uni on saturday night on campus, as i went to visit a friend. All i can say is that its great, great atmosphere, met heaps of ppl, really good!!
haha, good on ya! are you 18? did you go to the bar on the hill?? its pretty cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)