HELPP english speech tomorow! (1 Viewer)

esraa

HSC
Okay so i have a speech on Ted Hughes tomorrow.. the question is:

choose one poem and explain why this would be the most suitable poem to discuss in an essay on conflicting perspectives.

So for my trial it was a basic question and i went on to analyse the poem ended up with 12/20 so now for this speech i have to fix it all up, any suggestions please?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Okay so i have a speech on Ted Hughes tomorrow.. the question is:

choose one poem and explain why this would be the most suitable poem to discuss in an essay on conflicting perspectives.

So for my trial it was a basic question and i went on to analyse the poem ended up with 12/20 so now for this speech i have to fix it all up, any suggestions please?
well this might seem like an obvious tip but make sure u speak confidently. bcuz even if ur speech is bad, speaking confidently can make it seem like u wrote those things on purpose and actually believe in the things you are speaking on. if u dont use proper speech techniques, the teachers will automatically assume u dont no wat u r talkin bout.

Blushii

HSC
Focus on representation and meaning, you need to emphasise construction of the text to convey meaning more than anything in this module and don't disregard the obvious public speaking skills - eye contact, loud voice, dont rely 100% on palm cards, etc+..

Skyzor

HSC
I actually had a speech last Friday on Educating Rita.

As others have said there are basically 3 pillars to a speech. Confidence in both physical stance and tone, eye contact and meaningful content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)