HELPppp (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi,

I was just wondering...is it a good idea to summarise all the dot points before my half yearly or should i just read through my exercise book and my text books (MacQuarie and Spotlight)??...i really need some study tips for chem. cause am so bad at it...:eek:

Mwahz...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It is a good idea to write notes throughout the year, as you go through the topics in class. However, if you haven't been doing that and have waited until now to begin writing notes, there won't be enough time to make notes. If your half yearlies are very soon, ie next week or the week after, then I would not recommend writing notes yet, there is just not enough time to do so.

If you're in the situation that I just described, then I would suggest you get yourself a dotpoint summary from either the resources section or from this list of links that has summaries of the syllabus dotpoints. After the exam period, I would suggest you get to work on making your own summaries, you still have time to catch up before the trials.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
If you havent started making notes, start now. And do the questions in the book. Macquarie and conquering are a formidable combination.

HSC
THNX U GUYS!! :D...Its just that i feel i have learnt nothing in class cause i dont understand a word my teacher says in her accent. Dont get me wrong she tries very hard and is a wonderful teacher. :S...lol...so i guess its all up 2 me

MWAHZ!!!:)

aek

Banned
HSC
hey, im in the same boat .. i recommend cramming macquarie and just do alot of past papers and have some CONFIDENCE. Dont worry, you'll do well =]

HSC
Am stressin so bad...and i dont think i have ever heard the word CONFIDENCE Before...lol...I guess i should of thought what would happen if i didnt gather notes from day one...

Anyways...i think i can do it!!!...lol

Mwahz...

Kmahal1990

HSC
Really what you should be doing is as the first poster said, summarising class notes before you go to sleep, briefly everyday or even on the weekends. I heard from a teacher that is was unwise to cram for subjects in senior years, because you get tested on the same stuff again and again and again in different tests. So you end up wasting more time cramming each time (and possibly not getting an ideal mark), instead of getting it right the first time and remembering that knowledge.

On the other hand if you prefer cramming, it is extremely important that you have a copy of the syllabus. You will be surprised at how much time this will save you. Ask you teacher what dot points on the syllabus are being tested in the test, and go home and make sure you can answer all those questions. Afterall, they cant test you anything that is not stated in the syllabus. The syllabus for science, is extremely specific, to the point where the dot points actually tells you what you need to know, and how you need to be able to process that information (i.e student is able to identify and explain blah blah blah). The points may sometimes suggest dot points which were covered briefly by your teacher in class, which you would've not covered if you were just reading the book. This which unfortunately without, you will have to go to the internet to find.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)