Henry Lawson (1 Viewer)

hayles4

HSC
hey can anyone help me with notes on henry lawsons short stories:- the drovers wife, the loaded dog, joe wilsons courtship and in a dry season??
my teacher is really sh*t and doesnt tell us any notes and i dnt understand what hes saying half the time.

hayles4

HSC
hey can someone please write back with some notes i have nothing :(

hmmmm...

angel01
HSC
heyz yeh i hav the same problem..but i havnt found anything as of yet..:S have u?

hayles4

HSC
nah sorry i havnt i suck at english i already have had 2 letters sent home for it lol

roisinmillar

HSC
OMG i hate english so much it should die!!

i know jack shit about henry lawson but i know that u can pick up study guide books from your local library or from bookshops like 5 senses...

they have summaries and talk about all that shit, they r pretty thin but have lots of interesting points...my one is pink n published by excel

hope that helps...fuk the HSC!! lol

hayles4

HSC
hey thanx for the tip with the books.... i agree ENGLISH SHOULD DIE!!!!!
i dnt see how analyising a text will help me in the future...i dnt do maths ne more but out of both of them maths should be the compulsary one its easier and most things involve numbers NOT HENRY LAWSOn!!!

haystack

HSC
N/A
hey don't worry i think every1 is finding it hard to find stuff coz i certainly am lol

AlexCasa

HSC
Hey, i'm in your position as well, but just on Joe Wilson's Courtship. If your doing the Drover's Wife, I have heaps of notes! -

Talk about how the Drovers Wife is established as a representative figure of all women living in the bush, and how the deliberate absense of her identity allows the reader to connect with the hardships and struggles presented within the narrative in a universal context, as they relate to all women living in rural Australia.

Then, the presence of an informal and casual tone is present in order to engage the reader into the world of the drovers wife effectively.

The narrative structure is used by the storyteller (Lawson) to effectively portray his story of the bush lifestyle.

That is just an outline of the paragraphs you might want to use!

Also, anyone have anything similar but for 'Joe Wilson's Courtship'? Please! I'm desperate!

roberem

HSC
hi i was just wondering, it seems like you have some great notes on "the drovers wife" would you possibly beable to send them to me or paste them into a reply?

i also need some help with "the chosen vessel" by barbara baynton....im writing a comparitive essay between both....does anybody have any good websites or recources?

queenielauren1

HSC
agreed... excel 04-06 on henry lawson is just summarising the stories...

im doin an allnighter now... essay due in morning... almost done..

excel book is brilliant in snr science but not so in english. was ok for away but not thrilling.

good luck everyoone.... i sure need it!

jcrowe

HSC
yer im doing drovers wife too and i think im linking it to the depression and i still call australia home... so if anyone had any info on that... it would be really really great!!!!

emiliehearts

HSC
we got a practice essay on lawson the other week and i havent had time to attempt it due to school production commitments.

the rubric is - Narrative uses structure and language to shape the responses of readers and viewers

the question is - Write an essay in which you examine how composers use narrative to do this.

we have to make close reference to our prescribed texts what are henry lawson short stories and two texts of our own choosing.

i have two texts

- the five people you meet in heaven
- and a short story by henrietta drake-brockman called 'Fear'

im also thinking bout another text by thea astley called 'Coda'

im just wondering if anyone can help me to plan out how i should be attempting this essay.

how do i talk about structure and techniques?

Shanson

HSC
Hey I'm In the same situation, I'm coming ninth in my year atm although after I get my trials results I expect it to drop substantially.

Now I know I can make first position if I study, but by not giving a shit throughout the year I have no notes essentially.

Can anyone help me please >.<

Stuie_pk@live.com.au

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm doing Henry Lawson; JWC the loaded dog, and a drovers wife! :D

emmdogg

HSC
heyy im doing a speech for english and i need to analyse the particular language structure, features and techniques that help develop visual detail, appeal and sensory representation on the drovers wife

anyone got any ideas to help me out?
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)