Here to help (1 Viewer)

AndyMayes

HSC
Hi,

I'm Tweety, i've recently finished my HSC in Senior Science. I know how frustrating it can be to find help for senior science (there is so little information regarding senior science). I'm just offering my help to all those senior scientists out there. Just post your questions here and I'll do my best to answer them (no guarantees).

Cheers,
-Tweetie

p.s just in case your wondering about my credibility... *hopes i don't sound like i'm boasting* i happened to do very well in my hsc for senior science...i topped the state.

hi. im currently doing senior science, and am struggling heaps. do you have a ny study notes you could send me at all?

amayes@mchsdow.catholic.edu.au

ta xx.

Kat92

HSC
hi. im currently doing senior science, and am struggling heaps. do you have a ny study notes you could send me at all?

amayes@mchsdow.catholic.edu.au

ta xx.
Try getting your hands upon the Spotlight or Excel textbook as they have great sudy notes. Excel, having recently published a texbook with revision flash cards with key dot points. Also, try looking underneath the resources section on this site as there a couple of summaries underneath there.

If that fails go to CSU NSW HSC online or Board of Studies underneath the ARC section.

Sorry that I can't be of anymore assistance as I have disposed of my study notes.

Hopefully that will help you out and remember to do heaps of practice papers and you'll be fine. Quite an easy subject to do well in and have fun with.

Good Luck! :D

Notorious J

HSC
Hey!
i just need some help differentiating the controlled variable, independant and dependant. what do they mean?

Kat92

HSC
Hey!
i just need some help differentiating the controlled variable, independant and dependant. what do they mean?

Independent Variable- the one that is changed.
Controlled Variable- quantities that remain constant.
Dependant Variable-A dependent variable is what you measure in the experiment and what is affected during the experiment

sufyan

HSC
Hey, I was just wondering if you were able to help me with Lifestyle Chemistry from the senior science course.
I need to make an experiment using lifestyle chemistry and test a claim of one of these commercial products (body wash, shampoo, soaps, etc) and design and perform a scientific experiment!
If you can help, please let me know! i read you used dove soap can you please write what im gonna do... im new dont have any idea about writing a report so please :O

thank you

Kat92

HSC
Hey, I was just wondering if you were able to help me with Lifestyle Chemistry from the senior science course.
I need to make an experiment using lifestyle chemistry and test a claim of one of these commercial products (body wash, shampoo, soaps, etc) and design and perform a scientific experiment!
If you can help, please let me know! i read you used dove soap can you please write what im gonna do... im new dont have any idea about writing a report so please :O

thank you
I am thinking this is the dot point you are talking about: Perform first-hand investigations to measure PH values of a range of skin and hair products.

So what you would do is dissolve a measured amount of each substance in water and then add a couple drops of universal indicator to each of the substances. Record the colour change with litmus paper against the PH indicators.

In regards to writing the report:

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/senior_science/core/life_chem/9-2-3/9.2.3.html -- check out the 2nd last dot point for ideas on what to include.

As for layout have a look at:

http://www.monash.edu.au/lls/llonline/writing/science/5.xml-- The lab report

sufyan

HSC
thank you ... can you send me your one and i will have a look please ?

Kat92

HSC
thank you ... can you send me your one and i will have a look please ?
I actually don't have a copy of any of mine anymore. However, I have linked you to the resources section and replied to your message. So hopefully, it makes it a little clearer for you.

Good Luck! :)

rosii8796

HSC
hey tweety could i pleaaaaaaase grab your email address?
thanksxxx

Kat92

HSC
hey tweety could i pleaaaaaaase grab your email address?
thanksxxx

His last activity was back in 2009- so he is probably an inactive member by now. If you have any general questions feel free to put them up and I am sure someone will have an answer.

katharinetat

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone have anything about subdermal implants are absorbed into the body?

amanda222

HSC
N/A
Hey I just needed help assessing the effectiveness of the stomach and small intestine in digesting fats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)