Hi (1 Viewer)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
How competitive is it to join subcomms and stuff?

I already forgot to apply to one and missed the deadline so don't want it to happen again

thanks

also why is there no internships available for first years

carrotsss

HSC
optiver has pre-penultimate internships idk about other places I haven’t checked many, it seems rarer but possible if you apply to enough places, even if they don’t technically offer first year internships if ur dedicated enough they might give u a chance

sheppy123

HSC
How competitive is it to join subcomms and stuff?

I already forgot to apply to one and missed the deadline so don't want it to happen again

thanks

also why is there no internships available for first years
which subcoms in particular?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
optiver has pre-penultimate internships idk about other places I haven’t checked many, it seems rarer but possible if you apply to enough places, even if they don’t technically offer first year internships if ur dedicated enough they might give u a chance
yeah I saw Optiver does a 2 day 'futurefocus' thing which seems ok and I was talking to some of them the other day but idk
also saw macq group has a 2 week insight programme but that about it

i could prob get some from the ppl I know but we'll see ig

sheppy123

HSC
I missed UCC (UNSW Consulting Club)

AIS (Alternative Investment Society)
UNIT
FINSOC
ECOSOC
and one not related to career, heard that's something good to have
FINSOC is literally filled to the brim with nepotism, i wouldn't bother unless you know someone already in there or have those connections if you went to a selective school. That goes for pretty much all of the finance/IB/consulting related subcoms at UNSW with people wanting to get into IB, it's super competitive. FINSOC also ask about your atar aswell LOL?

They don't care about your application if you don't know them personally or aren't in their sort of "bubble"

and yes, apply for one not related to your intended career path and just make sure you become a higher up in those.

sheppy123

HSC
FINSOC is literally filled to the brim with nepotism, i wouldn't bother unless you know someone already in there or have those connections if you went to a selective school. That goes for pretty much all of the finance/IB/consulting related subcoms at UNSW with people wanting to get into IB, it's super competitive. FINSOC also ask about your atar aswell LOL?

They don't care about your application if you don't know them personally or aren't in their sort of "bubble"

and yes, apply for one not related to your intended career path and just make sure you become a higher up in those.
if you're doing law you should apply for the Allens Dive in program for 2nd years

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC

ik that's the thing and why I don't really want to do it there, I know somone in BSOC who is up there but i dont wanna do that either
I think my best bet would prob be AIS but idk

but yeah investment banking is the goal

carrotsss

HSC
yeah I saw Optiver does a 2 day 'futurefocus' thing which seems ok and I was talking to some of them the other day but idk
also saw macq group has a 2 week insight programme but that about it

i could prob get some from the ppl I know but we'll see ig
optiver also have full 12 week summer programs with availability for pre-penultimate year students but what I’ve heard for internships is that you just have to cast a wide net, try apply to everywhere remotely related whether they have a form or not

or just use connections lmao might as well, tbh will probably try do the same

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
optiver also have full 12 week summer programs with availability for pre-penultimate year students but what I’ve heard for internships is that you just have to cast a wide net, try apply to everywhere remotely related whether they have a form or not

or just use connections lmao might as well, tbh will probably try do the same
I already had an internship at my parents workplace where they work so can't go back there

maybe see you there ig if we both apply at same time and get in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)