High motabolism (2 Viewers)

quik.

HSC
You all say no when it's true.

Your metabolism accounts for so much a day.

Once you eat over what you expend, and your metabolism takes up, you will gain weight.

It isn't rocket science.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
quik. said:
You all say no when it's true.

Your metabolism accounts for so much a day.

Once you eat over what you expend, and your metabolism takes up, you will gain weight.

It isn't rocket science.
Its really not that simple. I have lost weight recently for no reason and I can't put it back on regardless of how much I eat, or what I eat. I have always had difficulty gaining weight so i went for blood tests. I got them back and its even weirder. I have an underactive thyroid which means, I should be gaining weight not losing it, have no apetite but I am always hungry and a slow metablosm, but mine is really fast. It all makes no sense and I cant seem to put any weight on. I am now 45kg and about 154-5cm mid last year I was 48kg and in 2005 I was 50kg...go figure I eat junk etc and no weight gain.

lengy

HSC
I have high metabolism and was stuck at a certain weight for ages. Now I am able to partially manipulate it from as high as 63 kg at one stage back down to 55 kg.

quik.

HSC
lengy said:
You're not trying hard enough.
Basically.

Melsc, I don't really understand all the effects of the thyroid nearly enough to comment or whatever. For the most part, however, the people who 'can't gain weight but eat like a horse' are not eating liking a horse.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
quik. said:
Basically.

Melsc, I don't really understand all the effects of the thyroid nearly enough to comment or whatever. For the most part, however, the people who 'can't gain weight but eat like a horse' are not eating liking a horse.
u think u have no idea..

trust me after like 45 yrs some medical scientist dun either.. in medicine thyroid dysfuction is a good general answer.. cos it can cause so many things

Melsc: u may need to become my charity case.. "help u gain weight"... there are possible genetic reasons.. for that.. so see ure family at the same age.. cos u then have to be careful that after a certain point u might put it on fast..

there are also things about how some skinny ppl have more fat than obviously fat ppl.. cos their internal organs are covered in fat...seen on CT..

lengy

HSC
Muscle. I make half-arsed attempts though. I regularly skip meals and training sessions citing tiredness, time constraints or soreness. I just can't maintain an ordered routine.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
u think u have no idea..

trust me after like 45 yrs some medical scientist dun either.. in medicine thyroid dysfuction is a good general answer.. cos it can cause so many things

Melsc: u may need to become my charity case.. "help u gain weight"... there are possible genetic reasons.. for that.. so see ure family at the same age.. cos u then have to be careful that after a certain point u might put it on fast..

there are also things about how some skinny ppl have more fat than obviously fat ppl.. cos their internal organs are covered in fat...seen on CT..
My mum has the same condition and is still skinny. I guess we are just weird. Pisses people off though when I complain about not being able to gain weight when they cant lose it. I would be happy at this weight but my mum and b/f pester me.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melsc said:
My mum has the same condition and is still skinny. I guess we are just weird. Pisses people off though when I complain about not being able to gain weight when they cant lose it. I would be happy at this weight but my mum and b/f pester me.
:\ wait u have a hypothyroid.. and u have problems gaining weight...
wow.. wtf.. lolz

lengy

HSC
When I managed to reach 63 kg I was happy. I achieved it however by sleeping constantly and attempting to eat more which is difficult for me as I have a small stomach. Also the reason I can't drink beer and get drunk because my stomach fills too quickly meaning I can't put more beer in.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
:\ wait u have a hypothyroid.. and u have problems gaining weight...
wow.. wtf.. lolz
Yes, I know thats why its very weird. I am going to see an endocrinologist this wed anyway who might have an idea why, though it makes no medical sense.

I figure I might gain a bit when I go on the pill anywa, once I check its ok to do by the endocrinologist.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melsc: mabbe u have grave's disease. would explain ure results.. especially given they normally use a TSH..

lengy: ure stomach has a massive stretch capacity..

lengy

HSC
The stomach may have a great stretching capacity but my mental boundaries limits me from overcoming this. Similar to how I can only do a limited amount of pushups I have to learn to overcome this boundary but the opportunity to do so doesn't often present itself. I am dominated by fear.

quik.

HSC
If you eat larger amounts, not necessarily going from like two slices of toast for brekkie to like a 3 course breakfast, but gradual increases in size, your stomach simply adapts.

Sometimes it's not fun because eating for size, especially muscle, can become like a chore, depending on your relationship with food. But if you consistently go at it, you will start to see/feel changes :]

Good luck at the docs on wednesday melsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)