Historiography of the Crusades (1 Viewer)

Mustafa Mond

Hello All

Is anyone else doing the crusades as a case study? If you are could you help me identify the main historiographical issues for this case study and the main issues for the interpretation of crusades history. I ask this because our class work has almost entirely focused on looking at and analysing primary sources on the crusades and I feel that our teacher really doesn't know what she's doing because it's the first time she's taught the course. So does anyone have a summary or some info on the main historiographical issues for the case study as well as some info on the main historians I should look at for the HSC. I think i'll focus on the debates:

-origins and aims of the crusaders
-the aims and motivatuions of the crusaders

and either
-thecrusades as religious and political activities
OR
-the impact of the crusades on the middle east, constantinople adn europe

are these good debates to focus on or can anyone suggest if is easier to do others? I know that this is alot to ask but the trials are only two weeks away and I feel kinda lost when I'm answering past case studies exam questions (which I've attempted a couple of) and I really need help to focus my studies on the right topics. Any help greatly appreciated,

Mustafa Mond

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
If you email me at i_caratacus(at)yahoodotcomdotau (but with the correct symbols in place for an email address) I will send you some Word files with some info on the motivation debate and changing interpretations of the crusades. You will need MS Word but you can probably access that at school if you don't have at home. Make sure your email account is not too full to receive attachments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)