History Essays (1 Viewer)

peony

Okay, when i write essay my teacher always told me to develop it more. So i would like to know what are some of the problems other students encounter in writing their essays,ie, problems with the structure or layout, not enough evidences etc. Anyone like to share yours ?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
develop it more usually means to back up your argument more and elaborate on the concepts u have introduced rather than merely mentioning it and moving on

peony

How many point should be mention in one paragraph generally ? three, four or more ?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
hmm...the problems with my essays are when I go on Word and when I handwrite them I think differently....its easier for me to type it rather than using a pen? So far my essays are alright with regards to the content (as long as there's a thesaurus handy)...but I follow my own structure for writing them...whatever works for u!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
lol, i have the opposite problem, i have to many sources!!!
I love history sooo much that i do heaps of extra readings anbd stuff (note, i do like sooo little for otha subjects!)that ive got way to much information. I can also never write a good conclusion! My intros are good, but i can never finish them well!

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Originally posted by angelduck
I love history sooo much that i do heaps of extra readings anbd stuff (note, i do like sooo little for otha subjects!)that ive got way to much information.
Dude, ducky.... what are you on?!?! I mean, History's alright and all - understandable that you would take on hist. ext - but seriously girl.....ACK!

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
exactly right nothing wrong with bieng a history lover or nerd
man i got my history extension draft project back and i need heaps and heaps of polishing up areas as the teacher said that i needed to elaborate more on the overall content

Abraxus

HSC
I handed my draft in today, and was the only one in my class to do so, haha. I also tend to lack going into more detail and depth, so I tried hard with this one to do so, but I won't know what problems I have yet until I get it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)