History Extension Project (1 Viewer)

lorieroar

HSC
Hey guys I need a few opinions. It'd be fantastic if you could help me out!

I have three possible topics for my Extension History project:

1. (Ancient History) Homer and The Iliad
2. (Ancient History) Alexander the Great
3. (Modern History) The Battle of Wouded Knee (a massacre of native americans in South Dakota - 1980)

I'm doing Ancient History for my HSC
I did Modern for my preliminary course, but dropped it because the teacher made it torture!

It'd be great to get an opinion from people who are also doing or have done Extension History, just because they understand the course a bit more.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
For my major project I was thinking of doing Homer too but my question would be something along the lines of "Who was Homer, a man, a woman or a group of people?"

From my research... all I know is to do something you're very interested in or you'll get bored and if possible do historiography because they tend to get better marks. So in my opinion do whichever one you like the most and has lots of information, especially primary sources :) But remember for an awesome report on Homer you'd have to know about his context... so you'd have a whole of a lot of information of process.

I hope this helps!

By the way, I love modern history... I would have died in ancient history because I love politics and war.

Last edited:

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
If you end up doing an ancient topic I salute you, I did Mary Magdalene and it is very, very, very hard to find a lot of sources to analyse (from different schools of thought - damn feminists just love talking about this girl, they were all I could find for months).

Do a quick google book search on your topics and see what kind of books come up - if there enough and of good quality, do it -- if not, try something a little more easier (believe me, you'll save a lot of time and energy!).

lorieroar

HSC
Hey guys thanks so so much. It was a great help when I needed it lol
I ended up dropping it. :(
I really liked it, it's just way too much work for me. I already do 4U English, Ancient, Spanish + Biology.
Plus, the HSC has given me insomnia! No joke.
I would usually be asleep two hours ago.
I always thought that I'd never be one of the kids whose minds stuff up during the HSC.
What a let down :(
Anyway, I'll shut up now haha.
But thanks heaps. It was much appreciated :)
xx

Senor Sherbet

HSC
Hey i was about to try and give some advice when i read down further that ya dropped it, but im bored so yeah lol
Best of luck with all of it!
And i hope ya can get ya sleeping sorted out, i have similar troubles and it sucks ay!
Anyway all the best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)