History & Geo (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
The history/geo game sorta died so i thought i'd start another one. Mostly cause my first question never got answered :)

1. Name some achievements of women in post WWII
2. Name some experiences of women's liberationists post WWII
3. Name some points about ONE of the following:
- equal pay
- women in parliament
-women's suffrage

This is all we need to know about women. Aka. everything in the syllabus for it.

dc1337

HSC
1. equal pay, opportunities, child care, maternal leave,
2. germaine greer, wrote the boock the female eunuch, caused females to reconsider themselves as real people not just sex slaves
3. equal pay:
-women were paid considerably less
-legislation for equal pay for job done by men which women are doing- was not very successful
-whitlam government create legislation for equal pay
-till now women are still paid less then men in many cases

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I was just wondering, is women one of the options of something?
Because I don't really have any notes on it.
Like, could we choose migrants/aboriginals or something?

Q; What is a NGO involved in the challenge of population growth? Outline a little about it.

Brontecat

HSC
Its under the changing rights and freedom thing and split into 3 parts, that you have to do. All of them

A. Aboriginals
B. Migrants
C. Women

Last edited:

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
dc1337 said:
2. germaine greer, wrote the boock the female eunuch, caused females to reconsider themselves as real people not just sex slaves
lol I hope you don't answer that in the paper.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Oh lovely! Well in that case, I have enough I think.
Changing policies, experiences of stolen generation, freedom rides/referendum, land rights.

Jumper :^)

HSC
Deer said:
I was just wondering, is women one of the options of something?
Because I don't really have any notes on it.
Like, could we choose migrants/aboriginals or something?

Q; What is a NGO involved in the challenge of population growth? Outline a little about it.
There are NGOs involved in the challenge of population growth?? Uh oh... :uhoh:

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Jumper :^) said:
There are NGOs involved in the challenge of population growth?? Uh oh... :uhoh:

Lol, yeah I have been studying this a bit, it may not be necessary, but I have

SPA
(Sustainable population Australia)
formed 1988
promotes public awareness
promites stabilisation in pop. growth
promotes rural lifestyle
thinks that the survival of ecologically sustainable population depends on renewable resources, blah di blah.

it was in our text book.. :uhoh:

ZacA888

HSC
Regarding the whole women/aborginals/migrants thing, I think you only needed to study two of them. Or you had a choice between women & migrants.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Miss Sunshine said:
What are some government policies in terms of refugees, migration?

OH! Uhm, I'm not too good at this, but let me try.
Please don't laugh at my attempts :p

Australia Fed Govt
-part of UN, ratified declaration of human rights
-Provides AusAid to many underdeveloped countried in order to eliminate the risk of persecution of beliefs, race etc, eliminate inequality and improve standards of living, reducing number of refugees
-Our humanitarian program has 2 programs for immigration.
Offshore: help those in fear of persecution, help the UNHCR to resettle them.
Onshore: give protection visas to those who have expired, giving resident status. This is part of the UN national refugees convention.

Now this is the part I dont understand, and would love someone to clear up. THe mandatory detention centres arent part of the onshore immigration program, or are they? Also some controversial thing about the pacific solution where we settled refugees in offshore detention centres and would not grant them a visa.. D:

mikiiFMF

HSC
Deer said:
OH! Uhm, I'm not too good at this, but let me try.
Please don't laugh at my attempts :p

Australia Fed Govt
-part of UN, ratified declaration of human rights
-Provides AusAid to many underdeveloped countried in order to eliminate the risk of persecution of beliefs, race etc, eliminate inequality and improve standards of living, reducing number of refugees
-Our humanitarian program has 2 programs for immigration.
Offshore: help those in fear of persecution, help the UNHCR to resettle them.
Onshore: give protection visas to those who have expired, giving resident status. This is part of the UN national refugees convention.

Now this is the part I dont understand, and would love someone to clear up. THe mandatory detention centres arent part of the onshore immigration program, or are they? Also some controversial thing about the pacific solution where we settled refugees in offshore detention centres and would not grant them a visa.. D:
this might be a bit late.. but wth.
i think that the mandatory detention centres aren't part of the onshore immigration. Detention centres are for refugees, who are part of something else... actually, i'm not sure.

all i know about the pacific solution is that it started in 2001, and ended in 2007. Yeah, it was to stop illegal immigrants from entering Australia, but it got stopped because it wasn't supporting some human rights declaration, i think. =]

sammers

HSC
) Women made many achievements in the post- World War 2 period. In the 1950s, women were expected to be homemakers by society. Women were responsible for looking after their nuclear family in the suburbs. Most women were expected to good wives and mothers and buy many consumer products. In sport, Dawn Fraser and Shirley Strickland were strong and capable women, who won Olympic medals. In arts, the opera singer Joan Sutherland became a music guru and stage expert. In politics, Dorothy Tangney and Enid Lyons worked in parliament and were concerned about the unequal number of women in the Australian parliament. In the 1940s and 1950s, girls’ school education involved teaching traditional female skills, such as sewing and cooking. In the 1960s onwards, women’s education promoted the development of their academic and technical talents. Australian women of the 1960s were pursuing higher education, paid work and individual careers.
b) The women’s liberation movement was aimed at achieving recognition of women’s rights and it began in Australia from 1970. In 1969, Zelda D’Aprano chained herself to the doors of the Commonwealth building in Melbourne. She was protesting against the Commonwealth’s failure to achieve equal pay for women. These women liberationists aimed to make society see women as independent human beings, rather than dependant people. Women established new groups to provide support for one another and to campaign for specific women’s causes, such as achieving equality at work and in education. Women promoted their freedom through marches and talks with the media. They forced governments to change existing laws and to create new laws to make it illegal to discriminate on the basis of sex, promote equal opportunity for women and to provide protection of women’s rights. From 1972 onwards, women marched on to celebrate International Women’s Day on the 8th March.
c) Equal pay for women was significant for women in changing their rights and freedoms. Many women support their families and need to earn the same income as men because they are the major breadwinner. Australia was one the most sexist workplaces in the world and women’s position in society needed to be improved. The Equal Pay Case (of 1972) established that different jobs with the same worth should be paid the same rate, but this was difficult to implement. Many women continued to work in traditional fields such as teaching, nursing and secretarial work. Few women were involved in engineering, medicine, law and management. Women now have greater equality, freedom and choice. Today wage discrimination in favour of men has been abolished and this has given women economic independence and financial security, by entering the paid workforce. Equal pay for equal work greatly improved women’s rights and freedoms by creating a more equal society.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its under the changing rights and freedom thing and split into 3 parts, that you have to do. All of them

A. Aboriginals
B. Migrants
C. Women

Just so people get the right information.

Everyone does Aboriginals but...

Each school choses ONE of migrants or women (some schools may allow individual student choice but only ONE of them has to be done and the question would reflect that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)