History project help w/ synopsis (1 Viewer)

ashleycq

HSC
Hey guys,
i have finished my history project, well, they actual essay and was just having a bit of trouble with the synopsis we have to write.
In the synopsis, is it just a general overview of your essay? or is it similar to the proposal in that we talk about the actual process we went through to write it?
i have been told different things can someone help me please!

ane_st

HSC
um.. well im not sure if this is right... but i wrote it like an introduction.. mine first talked about the debate in my case-study between the 2 diff views, what Qs i am going to address... what diff historians i am using.. UM..... i cant remember what else...

ill post if i remember... :):)

dont kno if that helped :S

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

ashleycq said:
Hey guys,
i have finished my history project, well, they actual essay and was just having a bit of trouble with the synopsis we have to write.
In the synopsis, is it just a general overview of your essay? or is it similar to the proposal in that we talk about the actual process we went through to write it?
i have been told different things can someone help me please!
The synopsis should have three things:

1. the development of the precise
research question
2. the way the essay addresses the
precise question
3. why content used in the essay was
included.

(taken from the syllabus).

Basically, the synopsis is about your final essay itself, not really about your 'process' (ie, research, formulating of question, etc). Most of the stuff on your process should be in your proposal and journal.

But that's how it's supposed to be, some markers like a bit more process stuff in the synopsis. So I'd have a chat with your teacher. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)