Hitler : The rise of evil (1 Viewer)

muldersgun

HSC
its was weird....a scottish man playing a German with an english accent.

If you think Robert Carlyle was psychotic as hitler you guys should have seen him in Trainspotting. The guy plays an excellent psychopath.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
historical films such as this are made to entertain. Ratings get the money, so if something in history is boring, it will be changed or cut out to be more pleasing for the audience. so theres no way this can be accurate or can be used as a reliable source to gain an insight into the situation in germany in that time.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
*cough*pearl harbour*cough* and it was still shit.... well most of it..

bluebubble

come on guys, that guy who played hitler was great for that part even through his accent. lookin into his eyes you could see the voilently abusive power he held inside. the only disapointing part was the last 15 years he lived was shown in five minutes. the photo's were terrifing and sent chills down my spin like anything. it statistics were even more terrifing,hearing about the millions of children that died in concentration camps...almost made me cry.

Alexander

Gold Member
You guys are cool. I totally agree with most of you. Worst hitler actor ever (but fair preformance).
Some guy here said it was too sympathetic to hitler? whhada?? if anything, it was totally one sided and didnt show him connecting with his followers at all.
Historically it was ok. The bits inbetween were the problem! The message i got was "some people tried to stop Hitler, cause they easily saw his evil, but many others (who remain a mystery in th movie basically) followed him. So our message is to stop evil before it gets anywhere" it's right-wing bullshat trying to give people messages that the invasion of iraq was justified etc. History doesn't do this justice, we cant jut sit back and say 'jee he really was evil and they did nothing to stop him. At least MY world is different and safe and secure' It expects u to look at history via the present to the past, but that's wrong! is a continueum that is the past present and future! Raaaarrr!
....ok, im calm. I didnt spit cake everywhere...
Hitler was a response to hard times, playing on fear and aggression that many understandibly had (at time) I will not accept that he was pure evil and he had followers under an evil spell where they had no power to say NO

is a roflcopter
HSC
ok wtf^ ?

there was no message
its entertainment, if you sat down in front of the tv with any expectation for it to conform to your history textbook then you would of been pissed off and you subsequently missed out on 2 nights worth of good tv

are you jewish max? :D

bluebubble

smartass.
but Alex, how can you say that the actor wasn't good for the part? when i watched that movie i thought that it didn't justify the act of invading Iraq, because the message sent out was 'the only thing necessary for the truimph of evil is for good people to do nothing.' that is unless you interpret 'the good people' as Bush and the people behind him. it's just saying to stand up for what you believe is right before things get out of hand. in that case, i interpretted the message in the case of Iraq, as a man with such power as Bush, as citizens of the world, we can do something to stop him, but doing nothing is like ignoring the things that can happen when he unleases his power.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
lol, i loved that bit! it showed how .. insane is the only word i can think of .. hitler really was. so nutty he was that he just looked so.. possessed or something, spitting bits of cake out.

gah. i so can't explain what i'm trying to explain..

it was effective. lets leave it at that..
Yes, it was effective...but gross! It was TOO effective!:p

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by bluebubble
smartass.
when i watched that movie i thought that it didn't justify the act of invading Iraq
wtf^:confused:
are we talking about the same show here?
:confused:

nerdd

haha i was wondering who that girl was.. the young one with curly hair who he liked & captured..
THEN IT HIT ME!
she's from stepmom! the daughter!!!! *now i can sleep... * hehe

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yep its Jena Malone. Hehe funny story my half-sister's mum (who died a few years ago) was good friends with her family but a couple of years ago there was a hell blowup and she sued her mother.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie

there was no message
its entertainment, if you sat down in front of the tv with any expectation for it to conform to your history textbook then you would of been pissed off and you subsequently missed out on 2 nights worth of good tv

are you jewish max? :D
True its entertainment, but I know as someone who has done a lot of study on it this year to see SO MANY innaccuracies sitting there watching it is very off-putting.........I only watched the first few minutes of each of them cos they were just so wrong

bluebubble

are we talking about the same show here?
i was half referring to you being the smartass and then i referred to Alex's comment. but now, i'm starting to hear that the majority response is that the movie was historically inaccurate...

how u doin?

HSC
i didn't think it was sympathetic to hitler at all. i think it made hime look crazier then he probably was. hitlers actions speak for themselves, there was no need to make him look crazier then he probably was. plus, it pissed me off that (as far as i know) they just made people up. - (who was the yankie spose to be - Goering's American brother???)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
does it really matter that its historically inaccurate? its not meant to be a historical documentry. its a movie, a drama that happens 2 use historical figures for its promotion and something the audience can relate to. besides, i dun see many documentry that are accurate coz all they hav 2 do is 2 justify it as being history.

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by bluebubble
i was referring to you being the smartass
yes...... im the smartass but you are the one thats drawing connotations with all this iraq-bush bullshit from thin air.....yes

in the immortal words of my friend
you are truely foolish

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
does it really matter that its historically inaccurate? its not meant to be a historical documentry.
It was advertised in such a way as that people with little knowledge of Hitler's years would accept it as historical truth.

Also, like I said above, it is very fustrating to sit there and know that most of what you are watching it either made up or emballished beyond belief.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Well i saw the making of the movie and the producers said that everything in the movie had a historical source behind it. It seems to me that most ppl just prefer to be oblivious to this dark part of history.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I thought Robert Carlye did a pretty good job, esspecially during his speaches - but I always had flashbacks to him as Hamish Macbeth and his 'wee jock' (his dog in the show..) so he lost his power there.

And the britsih accents didn't help either - Had they been german, it would have been a hell of alot more powerful. Brits just don't hasve the same authority and force as germans .

and all that shit with Iraq - stop trying to draw everything back to current affairs - it was a fucking movie and shouldn't be taken any further - I didn't even expect it to be historically correct - it's just a movie - I hate it when extreme bloody scoalists feel the need to draw EVERYTHING back to how the west dominates and oppresses the rest of the world. This wasn't a thread to argue the war in Iraq, it was to talk about a movie. Why does weverything have to be so serious with you people?

Kittycat

HSC
oh my god. It was so historically inaccurate! I hated it! My history teacher attempted to watch it but quit not even half way through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)