hmmm uais (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
is it possible for me to get like over 97 to compete with my sister doing the following subs -
Standard English
General Maths
Biology
Business Studies
IPT
IT

also what uai rang should i be looking at doing these subs?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
U can get any mark with any subjects... It all depends on the effort you put in to get the marks.

someone that does all the fancy subs such as 3unit math and adv english can still do worse than someone who does IT and Standard English... Hell I do IT and Stand Eng and Im doin better than some of the smart ones.

Gloriarel

HSC
i heard that there was a cap of 95 on anyone doing standard english

7th Sign

HSC
i heard that you can get a band six in standard english but it is very very hard to do this is this true?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Um, I'm sure I remember my deputy telling us that you cant get a band 6 in standard, the highest you can get is an 85.
Capping changes from year-to-year, but I think only a couple of people have got Band 6s for Standard English...not many anyway.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Connections said:
is it possible for me to get like over 97 to compete with my sister doing the following subs -
Standard English
General Maths
Biology
Business Studies
IPT
IT

also what uai rang should i be looking at doing these subs?
You'll have to work hard to get your target UAI, because several of the subjects you're doing are capped making it more difficult to attain the required aggregate. It's definitely not out of the question, but you'll certainly have to get 90+ in every one of your subjects to attain a UAI of 97.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You can get 100% raw in standard. This *might* scale/align/whatever to like 99 or something like that, but obviously it is certainly possible to get band 6.

Possible doesn't mean highly probable.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
for most of your subjects, they are not very good scalers. but if you have used SAM, and have looked at the graphs for each subject, you will then understand the scaling system.

just as long as you get a scaled 85+ in each subject, you should be guarenteed to get over 90.

however, since you want over 97UAI, you should be getting over 93 or 94+ in each subject. that is if you really want to set yourself up real good.

don't worry i got 2 crap scaling subjects in the mould of, anceint history, and legal. i chose the wrong subjects?!

i think i'll take a leaf out of slide rule's book; anything easy has its cost.

cheers

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Slide Rule said:
You can get 100% raw in standard. This *might* scale/align/whatever to like 99 or something like that, but obviously it is certainly possible to get band 6.

Possible doesn't mean highly probable.
yer more like highly unprobable, genraly only the top 2.5% in the state get a band 5. that because 1 u do easyer topics n uz have 2 do em realy well 2 score high marks. the teachers teach u like idiots. and genral most starndard english students arnt capable of band 6, hence the STANDARD, infront of english. but u can d it.
and som1 said that doin hard subjects, if done well gives u good marks.
Physics is easy under the new system. but u realy only need 75-80% raw to get a band 6. that isnt hard its actualy fairy simple and somtimes its even lower like in the 60s. and the same goes 4 chemistry, althou chem is fairly difficult. 3u only requ a 65/84 which is like less than 80% to get a band 6. if u listen and do ur hmwork in 3u maths, it becomes fairly straght forward.
it is easy 2 do well, ppl dont cos they dont put in effort. try and u will prevail

7th Sign

HSC
i just hope i get a uai over 70 then my parents wont kick me out of the house

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)