hmmmmm should i...? reow suggest (1 Viewer)

nick.milevski

HSC
hey pplz, im doing b commerce (1st yr) and constructed my timetable so that im on 3 days a week:

monday: 4-6, (1 hr break) 7-8
tuesday: 11-12 (2 hr break) 2-5
thursday: 10-12 (5 hr break LOL) 5-8

...but i just realised that i can change my timetable and shift mondays classes to tuesday so i'd only have to attend 2 days a week, but im concerned it wud be too much on 1 day. my new timetable would be:

tuesday: 11-1, (1 hr break), 2-5 (1 hr break), 6-8
thursday: 10-12 (5 hr break LOL) 5-8

do you's rekon that it wud be too much to do all those classes on tuesday? should i change it to 2 days...? should i keep it the same...? id like to have your opinions. REOWWWWWwwwww.. lol

raiders771

HSC
ahhh ahhhh ohhhh noooo u didntttt mmmm there is no way u could propostously handle that kind of workload...my meoww suggestion is that u keep it to 3 days dispersion in order to hav some validity to ur lifestyle:s and so u can enjoy the natural confinements of ur room moreso :s hope that suggestion reowwed ur razzamatazz psychee

groovejet

HSC
N/A
How do you really feel about having a three day week instead of a two week break? Is that any particular reason why you want it shortened? I considered cutting my timetable last year to three days but having four days turned out to be good because everything was balanced and I felt good.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
id rather a balanced timetable then to cram everything together

11-8 is pretty hectic, so if i were you id just stick to the 3 day timetable

nick.milevski

HSC
well on my days off i work, so i guess if i shortened it to 2 days a week i cud have the extra day to work some more?? hmm i dunno..i guess my biggest concern is whether come exam day, packing all my classes into 2 days wud backfire considering id have to do multiple exams in 1 day? not sure how the exam system works though so uze wud have to fill me in on that 1...
but yeh otherwise, the more obvious problem wud be whether id get worn out on that tuesday and stop paying attention half way through the day..

Raginsheep

HSC
No, you get a seperate timetable for exams.

Everyone enrolled in the same subject do finals at the same time. Sometimes, depending on the size of the canditure ( eg accounting ), midsessions may be split slighty.

In your tutes, however, you may be given quizzes. These are assessble and its best to leave a break before hand to study if you need to. At worst put a lecture right before it so you can at least skip it to study :)

DavidV

HSC
Things to consider:

* How involved do you plan on getting on non-study related activities. There are so many clubs and societies and other ways to get involved in the wider life at Uni, that you may find yourself coming in on your days off anyway.

* Why 2 days instead of three? Just for an extra day off or does it mean more money due to more work. Will you stufy more? A lot of this you may not know so see what happens.

From my experience, I went to enrollment support in my first session and the guy there said "you want to be on campus as little as possible." To put it bluntly, I HATED university in first session. It was a drag. I was there two days, didn't meet people, didnt get to enjoy all the other activities that happen and basically found uni quite depressing.

I then got involved in loads of stuff at uni - Revues, volunteer work, theatre, comedy and wound up being on campus every day regardless of whether I had class or not. Now I don't mind spreading out my days. I even found jobs on campus and would spend my time doing assignments at uni instead of home. I now love uni and can't imagine only being here a couple of days a week. I think its one of those things you will have to find yourself :)

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
If you were a science student and wanted the timetable to be in 2 days(which is practically impossible) then you would be doing 9-9 both days. 12 hours straight, no breaks. Ahhh.
If I had the choice out how many days it would not be 1,2,3,5. I reckon 4 days for 24 hours of science courses is just right. But im stuck with 5 days. So oh well. At least I have early finishs on tues and wed at 12,1. :)

Keep it to 3 days nick. What David said at the end with his experience sounds just right. You will hate it with two days. I will suck. Plus 2 days, 5 days off. what the?? I have 5 days, 2 days off..

This is not the thread for a science student, very wierd.. 2 days??????

nick.milevski

HSC
yaaa true, i wudnt really be living the uni experience if i were to only go for 2 days a week, so i guess ill keep it to 3 days. thanks for the help guys (thumbs up) <---- LOL i dunno how to do emoticons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)