Hmv? (1 Viewer)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
im thinking of applying at my local hmv store and i was just wondering if any of you work there or know anything about the application process? a lot of chain stores now have online applications, does anyone know if HMV does? what is the pay like for a 17 year old? etc etc etc.

G

Gavvvvvin

You can print off an application form for HMV at their website.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
You can print off an application form for HMV at their website.
would you be able to give me a push in the direction of said application form? i'm looking at the site and can't find it. :(

edit: never mind, i've found it :D

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
what happened to the cafe? lol
umm at my work 17 year olds get paid 10.41 (or 10.68 i forgot) i think at big w they get around 9.90 and my friend at a newsagent around 9.80.. so yeh around that..

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
you wont lose anything by applying.

when they say that they accept you, then think about whether you want to work there or not.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah redrum, that's my theory when it comes to job applications.... apply for everything, then if you get an offer think about if you actually want it lol.

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
i currently work at Sanity, the close friends (or enemies) of HMV.... im 17 and i get $9.97 an hour. but if HMV is anything like sanity, then the work is not as fun as it looks...

u see the shop assistants standing around listening to music all day... thats not the way it is! there is all the other shit they dont tell you about like filing, and processing stock and cover checking (making sure that everyone of the those millions of CD's is in the right place)...

dont forget the late nights they hold you back to do returns (yes, because ur 17, they will roster you on for every little shitty thing that needs to be done)

but hey, it could be worse

you could work at macca's

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
i currently work at Sanity, the close friends (or enemies) of HMV.... im 17 and i get $9.97 an hour. but if HMV is anything like sanity, then the work is not as fun as it looks...

u see the shop assistants standing around listening to music all day... thats not the way it is! there is all the other shit they dont tell you about like filing, and processing stock and cover checking (making sure that everyone of the those millions of CD's is in the right place)...

dont forget the late nights they hold you back to do returns (yes, because ur 17, they will roster you on for every little shitty thing that needs to be done)

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
Originally posted by Tim_Shady

yeah i worked there and it was pretty terrible...i got 'promoted' and still only got like $9.50 or something like that (for a 17 y.o) and i still had to clean floors and scrub fry stations and all that..

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
do you sanity/hmv people get any benefits such as free/cheaper CDs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)