Holiday courses (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Does anyone know whether it's possible to do a regular uni course which counts towards total credits earned during the summer holidays as a third semester? Or four courses?
Cos I want to get this degree over and done with. I just end up getting bored during the holidays.
Thanks.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea some courses are offered in summer session, if its a 6UoC course then it'd go for 8 weeks, 4 weeks in december, then u get 2 weeks off for xmas/new year, then 4 more weeks in january.
the course would be the exact same and u could essencially see summer sesh as easier or harder, in the sense that if u do 1 summer term course u dont haev to worry about 3 other courses, but ur doing a 12 week course in 8 weeks.

just check in the handbook whether courses are offered in summer term.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Oh is it in the handbook?
Do you know whether they let you do two per holiday semester?
And doing one course crammed in 8 weeks would still be easier than four courses in 12 weeks. Even doing two would still be easier.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea its in handbook, search for ur course, in the info box click on the 'see class timetable' link, and then under teaching period it'll say Semester 1 (T1), Semester 2(T2), Summer Session (U1), whenever it runs.

and as long as ur not in complete holiday mode during summer sesh (as i was), then i reckon it'd be easier doing it in summer sesh, but it also depends on the course, mabe its a hard course, but i do think it'd be a bit easier in summer sesh.

yea u should be able to do more than 1, just make sure u know ur limits.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Oh is it in the handbook?
Do you know whether they let you do two per holiday semester?
And doing one course crammed in 8 weeks would still be easier than four courses in 12 weeks. Even doing two would still be easier.
From what I've heard, you can do two per semester. One of my friends did a Physics course followed by a Maths course. It is quite good, he got D's in both subjects.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
K.
At the moment it looks like none of the courses I want to do are available during the holidays. Sucks.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Wait, are the summer courses for end of this year even up yet? Cos I found one, but it's for the summer just gone.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I did 2 summer courses (each worth 6 UOC)

I think you can do as much as 24 UOC.

It was really really good, you have a 2 week break 1 month in, You also have a LOT of extra classes.

doing more than 12UOC would likely overwhelm you. so i suggest doing a max of 12

LordPc

HSC
can anyone comment on the range of courses available?

cause I wouldnt mind doing an introductory language course or a gened over the holidays to get them out of the way

Iruka

HSC
N/A
The range of courses available is rather limited. They seem to be mostly first year courses in the sciences. There might be one or two arts courses that also run then. And there are always quite a few geneds.

I did BABS1201 a few years ago (the first time that they ran it over summer session). They had actually arranged the lectures specifically so that they didn't clash with the first year chemistry course that was also running, so quite a few people were doing both.

I really enjoyed BABS1201 - it is good to be able to concentrate on just learning one subject at a time, even though the material is covered at a quicker pace than usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)