holliday study? (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra
When you write up pracs is it for the actual practical assessment or for the theory?
I need help on how to improve my practical skills.
Does writing up pracs help with that?
well when you're doing a prac, you're answering a dot point in the syllabus. in an exam, they can ask you to write / set up a prac. this is where you would have to write hypothesis, reuslts etc just like a normal prac set up. well, i guess you can say the practical is testing the theory and proving that it works.
what do you mean by practical skills? like setting up the actual experiement? or actual writing up the report?

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I mean actually setting up the experiment, obtaining meaningful data from it then communicating it effectively. I think I went so badly in the practical examination because I wasn't familiar enough with the experiments in the syllabus. Setting up the experiment shouldn't be difficult. So writing up pracs is just like writing up summaries for the theory? Sorry for the ignorance. I will definitely do that now for yr 12.
Thnx

PS - are there any books to help out with chem/phys/bio experiments, that is those in the current syllabus? If so could anyone give me their recommendations?

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
When you write up the prac in a prac test they will either include the method or ask you to write the whole prac (ie Aim (which is normally given), Method, Results, Conclusions) you will normally be lead through the results/conclusion with a series of questions relating to what values you obtained in the experiment.

juggernaut

HSC
i havent done any yet ;\
i wanted to do a summary of every topic
been doin to much other shit, cant get motivated

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
2 major works to do (English and Drama) and syllabus summaries for modern history and chemistry, and a 3u english assesemnt.. i hate maths, so ill have to start it.. but i dont really wanna :)

= Jennifer =

HSC
i am doing catch up work this week as well as finishing notes i have to write notes for english, sor1 and legal studies hopefully everything will be finished this week so i can revise for the rest of the holidays

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have done questions, syllabus d/ps and summaries for biology (l have a test on first week back term1).

Finished my hospitality "holiday homework" - such a pain in the butt, its taken me hours to do and its only 28 questions.

Still have to work on maths - test week 1 term 1 as well.

English - done absolutly nothing...l haven't got anything to do except summaries and notes.

Stargal

Omg reading abt all u guys doing work in the holz is making me freak out lol. I've done some work but not as much as I could do i suppose.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Just make sure your up to date with summaries etc Stargal, so you're not behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)