• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

boris

Banned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
since we've tried all the reasonable approaches.

when it comes to discrimination

have all the x-men movies taught you all nothing!?
so all the gays are going to save us when magento tries to turn us into a big magnet?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
well, you kids know what i mean.

don't knock what i thought was a good comparison :(

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Schroedinger said:
STEF I SAW XMEN 1 AND THAT GUY COULD GIVE PEOPLE MUTANT POWERS WHICH MEANS THAT THE ELITE CADRE OF GAYS IS TURNING OUR CHILDREN GAY THROUGH THEIR CONTROL OVER THE MEDIA.

I SEE THROUGH YOUR LIES.

The XMEN MOVIES PROVE THAT THE HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA IS ALIVE AND WELL, ENSNARING THE MINDS OF OUR CHILDREN.
NEOCONS!

Aprilpeters

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
i don't think mutants with superpowers ARE BORN, its increasingly become more of a lifestyle choice than anything else.
lma0 fuck you:lol:

Alvik

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
i don't think mutants with superpowers ARE BORN, its increasingly become more of a lifestyle choice than anything else.
oh fucking lol

boris

Banned
HSC
Messier111 said:
Have you ever considered that this may be because it's still not entirely socially acceptable to be gay? Some people who are too ashamed or scared to come out of the closet are sometimes so desperate that they resort to paedophilia. For example, how many priests have been found not only to be gay, but to be paedophiles? It's sickening... but to say homosexuality directly results in paedophilia is homophobic and incorrect, and if people would just freaking accept homosexuality those statistics wouldn't be so high.
Gay people have morals too and society needs to leave those stereotypes behind. If homosexuality is alone directly responsible for paedophilia, why aren't lesbians attached to that stereotype? It's because there is more than just one factor which results in paedophilia, and these factors occur both within and outside the contexts of sexuality.
Nah, fail.

Gays don't rape children because being gay isn't socially acceptable. Being gay is socially acceptable enough that we have television shows based on gay characters, high profile people coming out of the closet, etc etc.

I really don't understand how you equate fear of persecution for being gay with turning to paedophilia. I would think fear of being branded a paedophile is 1000x worse than being gay.

Any gays wanna back me up on this.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I am personally against homosexuality due to my christian beliefs. I however do not treat gays any differerent then those who are not, i know gay people and i still treat them the same

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I am personally against homosexuality due to my christian beliefs. I however do not treat gays any differerent then those who are not, i know gay people and i still treat them the same
God damn retards, BEING A CHRISTIAN DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN YOU CANNOT SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY. WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY CHRISTIANS CANNOT SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY

IT DOESN'T. ALL IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE IS THAT HOMOSEXUAL SEX IS FROWNED UPON, NOT THAT CHRISTIANS MUST BE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY OTHERWISE THEY'RE GOING TO HELL.

WOW, YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING FANTASTIC PERSON! YOU TREAT HOMOSEXUALS THE SAME? HERE'S A MEDAL!

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:
God damn retards, BEING A CHRISTIAN DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN YOU CANNOT SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY. WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY CHRISTIANS CANNOT SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY

IT DOESN'T. ALL IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE IS THAT HOMOSEXUAL SEX IS FROWNED UPON, NOT THAT CHRISTIANS MUST BE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY OTHERWISE THEY'RE GOING TO HELL.

WOW, YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING FANTASTIC PERSON! YOU TREAT HOMOSEXUALS THE SAME? HERE'S A MEDAL!
Depends how you interpret the bible....
I think Emy might be trying to disassociate herself from Christians who act like homosexuals have a catching disease. They exist....in great numbers. I was told I shouldnt talk to one of best friends cause she's gay. Thats rubbish imo.
Perhaps Emy wanted to put her opinion without getting loads of "Why do u hate gays' etc replies?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
What part of the new testament condemns homosexuality again?

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Depends how you interpret the bible....
I think Emy might be trying to disassociate herself from Christians who act like homosexuals have a catching disease. They exist....in great numbers. I was told I shouldnt talk to one of best friends cause she's gay. Thats rubbish imo.
Perhaps Emy wanted to put her opinion without getting loads of "Why do u hate gays' etc replies?
That made absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

boris

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
The old testament (which is interpreted as condeming homosexuality) is full of bright ideas:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Exodus 21:7-11 NLT When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
Well what I find confusing is that many new age Christians reject the old Testament, or 'pick' parts of it that are convenient.

Because with homosexuality, the old testament had a few bright ideas on a lot of things.

I'm pretty sure that in the New Testament there is nothing as severe as that in regards to homosexuality. Infact I think the only thing it says is that homosexual sex is a sin (but then again so is premarital sex and adultery)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Graney said:
What part of the new testament condemns homosexuality again?
Romans 1:27
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Anal secks is "working that which is unseemly"; an error St Paul says will be punished.
It's pretty clear-cut

boris

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Anal secks is "working that which is unseemly"; an error St Paul says will be punished.
It's pretty clear-cut
Yes, so we have established that homosexual sex is frowned upon, but so is premarital sex and adultery.

Is it not entirely possible for one to be homosexual and accepted by the Church as long as they never have anal sex with another man?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont want to argue it friends
My ears just pricked when I saw claims that the NT is for the gays

Edit, KT: Yes, I think that's the Catholic (missionary?) position

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)