Homosexuality in Australia (4 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Numbers

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Explain. Why. Are they lesser.

Like, I know kids with Down Syndrome who have more going for them than fucking dole bludgers who sit on their arse all day and have 8 kids who will repeat the cycle.
Well, they're obviously restricted, whether that be mentally or physically, which, without question makes them lesser people than those who aren't plagued with defections.

And to let these people have children is just wrong. Who would wish for a kid to be subjected to the torment and heartache of disability?

Also, those that marry their relatives (be it cousin, neice, nephew etc) are also scum of the earth. These fuckers are playing with fire.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You're assuming that all people with disabilities have miserable lives, this certainly isn't the case.
And my question was, should people with a predisposition to genetic disorders, like Huntingtons Disease for example, not be allowed to breed?
And what about healthy couples who find out 18 weeks into the pregnancy that the child has a genetic defect. Should they be made to abort?

Numbers

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
You're assuming that all people with disabilities have miserable lives, this certainly isn't the case.
And my question was, should people with a predisposition to genetic disorders, like Huntingtons Disease for example, not be allowed to breed?
And what about healthy couples who find out 18 weeks into the pregnancy that the child has a genetic defect. Should they be made to abort?
If it is evident through family genetics that there is a high chance of birth defections in any given couple, then yes, I don't think they should be permitted to have kids. It just isn't fair to the kids, not to mention the extra costs to society these sorts of individuals incur.

If, 18 weeks into a pregnancy, it is discovered that a baby is deformed it should be up to the parents of the child coupled with doctor's opinions whether the child should be aborted. To be honest, I'd rather die than be born without limbs or with a brain deformation which prevents me from having a 'normal' life.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
1. You can't decide who can and cannot have kids
2. You can't decide whether a person with a disability has more or less of a right to live than somebody without a disability
3. Many people who are born healthy go on to have accidents that leave them disabled. Should they be put down?
4. You obviously don't know, or have had little interaction with people who have disabilities.
5. Those paralympians looked to be just fine at the Olympics, should they have been denied the right to live because you think it'd be shit living without a leg?

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Yeah, it's been said. Either way, you're a fucking idiot for comparing the two.
But.
If two consenting adults whom are closely related want to have sex, who cares. If two guys want to have sex, who cares.

Why is this an issue for you? Dude, I can think of 5 gay guys who would be having mad butt sex every weekend, and whenever they do it, there is no fucking ripple in the spacetime continuum.
no i never said i was against it. i said i was curious and since no one was answering my question i just made that statement so that hopefully i would get an answer. if you look at my original question i stated that most of the arguments for homosexuality can also be applied to incest.
furthermore, i have nothing against homosexuality. i guess other than the fact that the catholic church sees it as a sin. but i also believe that god gave us free will for a reason. so if they choose to [sin] i am not going to stop them.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
lol, the catholic church.

the biggest conglomerate of homosexuals in the world. ok.
thats the thing i think people fail to see. we are inclusive. they are still gods creatures. we accept them as much as we accept people who lie, cheat, steal etc. because really we are all sinners.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
thats the thing i think people fail to see. we are inclusive. they are still gods creatures. we accept them as much as we accept people who lie, cheat, steal etc. because really we are all sinners.
Nah see, you're still a bigot.

You claim you have no issue with homosexuals, yet in the same breath you claim that homosexuality is a sin and they'll be punished for it.
So in reality, you do have a problem with them. Furthermore, you can't think for yourself. Every answer is followed with 'because God' or '...because the Bible'. You're incredibly dumb and ignorant and you don't have an original thought of your own.

Deep down you're really lonely. And insecure. You think if you focus your energy into believing in a God, you won't be lonely. You think there needs to be an answer for everything on earth, and for some reason you invest your efforts into something you can't prove exists.

Well done. !

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:

You claim you have no issue with homosexuals, yet in the same breath you claim that homosexuality is a sin and they'll be punished for it.
So in reality, you do have a problem with them. Furthermore, you can't think for yourself. Every answer is followed with 'because God' or '...because the Bible'. You're incredibly dumb and ignorant and you don't have an original thought of your own.
believing in god is my own thought. furthermore we will all be punished for our sins not just homosexuals.

Deep down you're really lonely. And insecure. You think if you focus your energy into believing in a God, you won't be lonely. You think there needs to be an answer for everything on earth, and for some reason you invest your efforts into something you can't prove exists.

Well done. !
no i invest efforts showing you the truth. veritas.

ASNSWR127

HSC
katie tully said:
Explain. Why. Are they lesser.

Like, I know kids with Down Syndrome who have more going for them than fucking dole bludgers who sit on their arse all day and have 8 kids who will repeat the cycle.
OK no fair enough answer, however.

People who are bred from related parents are naturally going to grow up different from those that are disabled. They will have such a large amount of social stigma attached to them that they will find it even harder to function correctly. I am not saying this stigma is warranted I am merely saying it happens. Is it fair on the child for this to happen? no I don't think so. Of course people with disabilities can lead interesting and fulfilling lives, you would never find me in argument there. I just think that the combination of these psycological effects and physical effects would be too much to handle.

However of course this should not be legislated against because like you say they are 2 consenting adults.

I have nothing wrong with intimacies, just children I think would be off to a extra bad beginning.

Again however I think the debate was around homosexuality and I think to get incest and homosexuality confused is very dangerous indeed

Sufficed to say that after reading your comments I stick by my "love is love" - this means incest or homosexual, we are all people.

ASNSWR127

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I'm catholic and I dont have anything against Homosexuals.
Well congratulations.

Perhaps you should leave this "catholic" way of thinking and focus on something more, like your own thoughts.

You church believes that these people deserve to suffer for eternity for their sexuality, can you honesty stick by them??

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:

Well done. !
I think that you can be against the act not the person... it is not our place to judge them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)