Homosexuality in Australia (6 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Which just goes to show that marriage wasn't even marriage (or how you would define it) until the 14th century.

Lol.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
i'd rather just leave 'marriage' as the legal agreement

then let individual churches/covens decide who or what they're willing to hold marriage ceremonies for

this 'civil union' business sounds a bit second-class-citizen to me

MTP

HSC
ok seriously i dont give a crap if they marry or not. let them be... ta da. Happy now.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Kwayera said:
Well, lets see if I can tease it out.

- You think marriage is between hetersexual couples.
- You think the WORD marriage is only for heterosexual couples.
- You don't mind ('to an extent' - want to elaborate on that?) homosexual couples having a legal union, as long as they don't call it marriage.

Is that it? Is your only objection the fact that they want to call it marriage, be it religious or civil? Also given that Abrahamic religious don't have monopoly on the word and meaning of "marriage" and never did?
Yes, marriage is only for heterosexual couples.
Yes, Abrahamic religions have a monopoly over the term 'marriage'.

If we allow homosexual marriages, why don't we then legalise plural and incestuous marriages?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Polygamy undermines the family unit too.
Working families are the key here. It's just bad policy to undermine the key economic/consuming unit of any society. Government would be totally remiss to compromise on this, its most sacred of purposes.
Lets quietly accept that these things go on, but not yalp it from rooftops

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i say, let dress-wearing faggots get married. i just don't understand though, how can they consumate the marriage? it's not like one of them has a vagina? how would it work? i guess they could go down on each other, but that's not really sex.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
It's really irritating when people come in and spout opinions that have been refuted entirely several times in the thread as statements of fact.

boris

Banned
HSC
dieburndie said:
It's really irritating when people come in and spout opinions that have been refuted entirely several times in the thread as statements of fact.
no u!

jazzbaby

HSC
i really couldnt care less about homosexual couples getting married
its up to them

conics2008

HSC
gay marriage is just sick...

gay people are just mentally retarted and same goes for leso's...

all the gays/leso/trans and bisexual are just sick in the head, and please dont start with i was born like this, no you wern't you chose to become what you are...

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
conics2008 said:

all the gays/leso/trans and bisexual are just sick in the head, and please dont start with i was born like this, no you wern't you chose to become what you are...
lolfag.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
conics2008 said:

So I'll ask the same question I ask everyone with this opinion.

Why do you care so much?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The concept of polygamy is patently degrading to women. It undermines their equality and independence (IN AN ECONOMIC SENSE TOO)
Not sure what youre on about on the second point dear fellow. In the homosexual context, the couple cannot create a family independently.

boris

Banned
HSC
I'd say polygamy weirds the fuck out of me. I find it extremely impossible to believe that these women are totally fine with sharing their husband, without the slightest hint of jealousy. It just doesn't sound like it fits within the confines of the normal human psyche.

Secondly. Well. It's just confusing?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
I don't accept that it's intrinsically degrading either. As usual you give no reasons as to WHY it is degrading. I would contend that a man can love and care for more than one woman. Even if it is "degrading" in your opinion, they voluntarily consent to it. If they dont, there are existing laws to deal with this.

Homosexual couples can adopt and care for children that would otherwise be in institutionalised care. Well they could if primative laws were updated.

Tully: It doesn't matter if you find it weird or unnatural. You don't have a right to impose your beliefs and attitudes on others, particularly when their behaviour has no impact on you whatsoever.
NEIN
The man is clearly the center of that relationship. Polygamy is about domination and control of the man, and the submission of women. It is not a 'partnership' like marriage. The man is obviously OBVIOUSLY the first-class citizen. If you cant see the human rights issue, then..
Bah! enough of this feminism!

As for the gays, sure. Point is they cant create their own children, hence the bad policy re status of marriage/families. But I agree with you that there is a case for allowing them adoption, provided they pass the tests.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
The concept of polygamy is patently degrading to women. It undermines their equality and independence (IN AN ECONOMIC SENSE TOO)
Not sure what youre on about on the second point dear fellow. In the homosexual context, the couple cannot create a family independently.
Well that's just taking the stereotypical man-and-many-wives scenario. What if a woman wants a few husbands? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)